Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 12/25/2013 7:22:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, just flipped the phone around though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2013 11:23:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Painted the laundry room for the wife. Now there might be a faster turn around on the clean clothes!

She has a sense of humor too...

Link Posted: 12/31/2013 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#3]
^^ Looks good!

Link Posted: 12/31/2013 11:11:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Painted the laundry room for the wife. Now there might be a faster turn around on the clean clothes!

<a href="http://s530.photobucket.com/user/fireshaun/media/image_zps2f082a72.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/fireshaun/image_zps2f082a72.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s530.photobucket.com/user/fireshaun/media/image_zpsb10e4543.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/fireshaun/image_zpsb10e4543.jpg</a>

She has a sense of humor too...

<a href="http://s530.photobucket.com/user/fireshaun/media/image_zpsd8ed635b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/fireshaun/image_zpsd8ed635b.jpg</a>
View Quote

Amazing the difference paint can make.. Did you paint the floor tiles, or re-do?
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 12:25:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Floor is peel and stick vinyl. In the pic they were just laid down to see how it would look.  

Whole room under $80.
Link Posted: 1/1/2014 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#6]
We changed out all the outlets by sinks with GFCI outlets, and installed a floodlight to light up the backyard.

The electrician quoted us $110 PER OUTLET to do them.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Rewired golf cart while smoking baby back ribs. Also made a couple parts for my Dillon 650.  A filler for the bins so they won't spill and a tab to prevent primer indexing when measuring powder drops or setting bullet seat depth.

Installed a 9" 3.89:1 posi in my 48 Ford.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 5:50:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
We changed out all the outlets by sinks with GFCI outlets, and installed a floodlight to light up the backyard.

View Quote

I think you only need one GFCI in a circuit....It should protect the rest right?
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think you only need one GFCI in a circuit....It should protect the rest right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as the GFCI is the first one on the circuit. Power goes into the line on the GFCI and then the other outlets you want to be GFCI protected go on the load side in a series as you would any other receptacles.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

With the exception of the kitchen, they were all on different circuits.

Link Posted: 1/5/2014 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Finally finished up the bench for the front patio.

Link Posted: 1/5/2014 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Finding a route for conduit for a 100 A sub-panel.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Built a fire pit around the lower 1/3rd of a 55gal drum.  See---even optic and BUIS lingo makes it into my home projects

It resides where all this used to be.

FWIW, it took 48 of those T-shaped stones to do what I wanted.  They were $0.98 each at Lowes.

The next steps will involve  turning that into a BFL fire pit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 5:29:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s530.photobucket.com/user/fireshaun/media/image_zps09155a69.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/fireshaun/image_zps09155a69.jpg</a>
View Quote

Nice bench.

How much cedar did it take to build?  And how many coats of finish did you apply?
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nice bench.

How much cedar did it take to build?  And how many coats of finish did you apply?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s530.photobucket.com/user/fireshaun/media/image_zps09155a69.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd343/fireshaun/image_zps09155a69.jpg</a>

Nice bench.

1- 2x6x8
2- 1x6x8
5- 2x4x8
6- 1x4x8

2 coats for entire bench. Sanded seats, table and armrest after with 220. Put a third light coat on those.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks great.

Link Posted: 1/5/2014 6:30:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Looks great.  I might steal your idea in the future.  Probably would just stain/seal it instead of the polyurethane.
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 6:31:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Built a fire pit around the lower 1/3rd of a 55gal drum.  See---even optic and BUIS lingo makes it into my home projects

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2806/11782786095_73b338f898_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3813/10831176425_a7ba467b48_b.jpg

FWIW, it took 48 of those T-shaped stones to do what I wanted.  They were $0.98 each at Lowes.

View Quote

Great idea!  Did you drill holes in the bottom to let out rainwater?
Link Posted: 1/5/2014 7:20:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2806/11782786095_73b338f898_b.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3813/10831176425_a7ba467b48_b.jpg

Thank you

I cut about a 3.5" square in the middle of the pit to allow for ventilation from under as well.  I'm considering making some "flutes" in the sides to allow for airflow as well.

Just the basic 55gal drum did ok but looked awful so I put the stone around it to finish it out better.  The next steps will involve figuring out what size pavers to use to simulate the stonework that Arfcom had in NY.

I hope they don't mind me showing the inspiration for this

Link Posted: 1/6/2014 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Have a 4' packed drift on the back of garage and about 7' on front. Ran the heater in the garage today and got myself a nice ice damn starting on gutters tied to garage. Open trust inside and I need the heat, -18 and close to -50 with wind chills. Need to get the snow off the roof there so I can go back to work. Nobody sells roof rakes by me so for $12, came up with this: 18x24" plexi, hose clamps and 1 1/4" 10' pvc with a tee.

Tested it out with no gloves on and could only stay out for 2 minutes before my fingertips went numb.

Worked pretty damn good, slid it under snow and it came off like it was on conveyor belt. Sheet metal is crazy expensive compared to this and it's not something I'll likely use a lot but nice to have when I need it. WHEN the plexi brakes, hopefully I would have located some sheet metal.
Link Posted: 1/12/2014 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Almost finished with redoing this old window and another like it in the same room.  There was paneling here when I moved in, which has since been replaced with sheetrock.  Problem was, the window was inset too deep and the sheetrock was too shallow, which made trimming it a touch more time-consuming.  
I had to shim all the way around the window to support the trim to get it to even out.
Cut and installed the new lower sill as well.

No, the top-side isn't bowed down.    That's just an optical illusion from the potato used to take the pic.  It took several coats of paint to cover the old dark brown stuff, to the point that it wouldn't leach through (using Bullseye 123 primer).  
Next weekend will be hanging a bar and curtains.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 12:38:17 AM EDT
[#22]
no pictures yet but I sanded some mud from a project. I a taking a couple feet of my son's ridiculously long closet and turnging it into shelves. The shelves will be about two feet deep and two feet wide so it should be a help for the rat to put his legos and stuff on.

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 12:46:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Wired a dozen outlets in my shop.
Link Posted: 1/24/2014 2:00:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Fixed some holes in the sheet rock in garage and bedroom.  Also unclogged a home vacuum system.
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Replaced the broken slides on a kitchen drawer at our condo, also replaced the hoses to the washing machine there as well. Bought/replaced faucet at our house. While attacking that, replaced cold/hot/dishwasher valves. Cursed the hell out of whoever put that faucet in!
Link Posted: 1/30/2014 11:17:09 PM EDT
[#26]
I got my new electrical panel installed and wired up. Everything went smooth until I flipped the three arc-faults for my bedrooms. As soon as I turn a light on it trips . All my connections are good so I don't know whats causing all three to trip. Will have to investigate further tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/31/2014 7:04:45 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I got my new electrical panel installed and wired up. Everything went smooth until I flipped the three arc-faults for my bedrooms. As soon as I turn a light on it trips . All my connections are good so I don't know whats causing all three to trip. Will have to investigate further tomorrow.
View Quote

When you figure it out, can you post the solution? We are having what I think is a similar issue and haven't been able to diagnose it.

Link Posted: 1/31/2014 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

When you figure it out, can you post the solution? We are having what I think is a similar issue and haven't been able to diagnose it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no clue yet. I tested just using the receptacles and even they trip it when you use them. I sent an email to Square D/Schneider today explaining my situation but have not heard back. What brand panel do you have?

I wired up a few more circuits tonight after I gave the arc-faults a royal cussing and gave up on them. Last night I never wired the refrigerator in the panel . Thank goodness for modern refrigerator engineering, ice tray was still frozen after 26 some hours of it being off.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Last night I found at least one issue with one of the bedrooms. Found a ground wire touching one of the neutral terminals. Pushed it back farther in the box and that bedroom was fixed. Never found an issue with the other two bedrooms but they work now after putting each plug and switch/fan control out and checking connections. I also mounted my reloading bench up. Probably wont get anything done today because of family stuff.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Last night I found at least one issue with one of the bedrooms. Found a ground wire touching one of the neutral terminals. Pushed it back farther in the box and that bedroom was fixed. Never found an issue with the other two bedrooms but they work now after putting each plug and switch/fan control out and checking connections. I also mounted my reloading bench up. Probably wont get anything done today because of family stuff.
View Quote

I don't know what brand panel. We are installing GFCI's in all our wet areas, and that one room keeps tripping the GFCI every time we flip the lights on. We'll go look at the boxes and see if the ground is touching something.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 2/2/2014 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't know what brand panel. We are installing GFCI's in all our wet areas, and that one room keeps tripping the GFCI every time we flip the lights on. We'll go look at the boxes and see if the ground is touching something.

Thanks!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Oh your talking about GFCIs? I thought you meant AFCIs . Post some pictures of the plugs and switches in that room. Might have some funky wiring. I had the old school neutral/hot reversing for my lights. Couldn't touch a satellite cable or HDMI cable with out getting shocked.
Link Posted: 2/2/2014 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Finished my shop wiring.
Wired three 220V 20A circuits, six 20A 110 circuits, the lighting circuit and a 20A feeder to my shed.

Link Posted: 2/3/2014 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Oh your talking about GFCIs? I thought you meant AFCIs . Post some pictures of the plugs and switches in that room. Might have some funky wiring. I had the old school neutral/hot reversing for my lights. Couldn't touch a satellite cable or HDMI cable with out getting shocked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I haven't ever heard of AFCI. I'll try to remember to get some pictures tomorrow afternoon.

Link Posted: 2/12/2014 9:13:49 PM EDT
[#34]
I need to stop going to Lowes....I spent way to much money there today. Getting my tax return didn't help either. I grabbed some more wire to finish my wiring, and another breaker to get my microwave on its own circuit. Bought one of those keypad deadbolts...First one I bought was a return and was missing parts. Exchanged it for a new one. The electric motor was installed backwards or something. When I installed it and tested it the lock would try to close when I punched in the code and then try to open when I pressed the lock button. So I got my $106.28 back and put my old boring deadbolt back in.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Hate to double post but common I can't be the only one doing stuff around the house!

I blew in 30 bags of cellulose this afternoon with the help of my sister. Had to drive 30 miles to the nearest Lowes to get the blower and cellulose. My Lowes here in town has both of their blowers out for repairs. They found screw drivers, chisels, etc in them

I have already noticed a difference with the temperature in my house. The furnace doesn't turn on every 10-15 minutes now. It still runs a little more than I want it too but it is an improvement. Installing new windows should be another leap forward in efficiency.
Link Posted: 2/28/2014 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Started a built in bookcase slash av rack. Hoping to finish it up to tomorrow. Mounted the TV on the wall and will run HDMI through the wall next week. Maybe some pics tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:34:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Finished the building phase, filling all the cracks and gaps now before sanding, priming, sanding, painting and mounting it to the wall. Gonna be a few more days until I can work on it again though.

Here is a photo of the test fit. That isn't going to be it's final location, that was just a convenient spot to see if it fit. Pardon the mess, due to size I built it in the room it's going in so I wouldn't have to move it to much later, so everything got moved around and it was a construction zone

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Slowly rewiring the garage.
Pull box

Getting the receptacles ready.  Only 9 more to go.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:14:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Nice man. Electrical is Greek to me. I am about to learn though, I need to install a new outlet and some can lights

Link Posted: 3/2/2014 7:32:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Built a couple things

IMG_20131220_162643_333 by jamiehstanley, on Flickr
In the shop with stain waiting on it to dry.  A wine bottle and glass holder as seen on the first page.  Has a bottom above the glass holder to put bottles. Will get it hung and pictures in a few days

IMG_20140223_165905_660 by jamiehstanley, on Flickr

IMG_20140223_165915_937 by jamiehstanley, on Flickr
Just for fun a heavy vest holder

IMG_20140223_173643_189 by jamiehstanley, on Flickr
Got the fire pit out and found an old galvanized tub to hold some wood nice and neat

And mounted some holsters in the vehicle a link to the write up
Vehicle holster mount
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Little more pipe dope than needed.
I hope that is all black pipe.
Galvanized and gas are a bad combo.
The zinc flakes off and clogs gas orifices.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 11:45:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Little more pipe dope than needed.
I hope that is all black pipe.
Galvanized and gas are a bad combo.
The zinc flakes off and clogs gas orifices.
View Quote

Assuming that you're referring to my pictures earlier in this thread of my gas heater install.

It's all black iron pipe.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 8:22:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Wall mounted my TV.  Had an electrician over to install a generator bypass switch and while he was here had him rig an outlet at about eye level and do the ports for running the HDMI through the wall.  The mount was $25 off Amazon and installed in moments.
Link Posted: 3/3/2014 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#44]
I bought some sweet full size replicas of Constitution, Declaration of Independance, and BoR off Amazon for $19, bought some frames from Michaels, and some Mat board and framed all three. Turned out pretty good.

Amazon replicas

ETA-Pix of framed docs. Sorry they are not better but the frames are 24x30 and rather large and trying to use an iphone and keep the glare to a minimum was not easy.  The documents are printed on fake parchment and have been yellowed. They came in a tube and smelled of vinegar. They could have come out better if I had an way to mount the full document without the mat. Not bad for less that $150 for all three. Thinking about buying some of these docs as gifts.

" />

" />

" />

" />

Link Posted: 3/4/2014 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Finished stain and got the pallet/wine glass holder finished up and hung up.  The better half was not home so I just threw some glasses on there for the pictures Jameson is mine tho
This was kinda a PITA because I forgot pallet board was so damn dry and cracks and busts so easy.. I was re using nails for the look and got smart on take 44 and started pre drilling
I used a half pallet from work just so it wouldn't take up the whole wall and was a lil easier for me to deal with.

DSC_1425 by jamiehstanley, on Flickr

DSC_1428 by jamiehstanley, on Flickr

DSC_1430 by jamiehstanley, on Flickr

DSC_1431 by jamiehstanley, on Flickr

DSC_1435 by jamiehstanley, on Flickr

DSC_1438 by jamiehstanley, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I bought some sweet full size replicas of Constitution, Declaration of Independance, and BoR off Amazon for $19, bought some frames from Michaels, and some Mat board and framed all three. Turned out pretty good.

Amazon replicas
View Quote

Post your finished product!
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 11:35:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amazon replicas

See edited post above
Link Posted: 3/4/2014 11:37:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice, turned out great If I get them, I may get a magnifying glass to keep nearby too!
Link Posted: 3/5/2014 3:23:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Zapped myself trying to hot swap electrical outlets in the home office.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 12:55:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Amazon replicas

ETA-Pix of framed docs. Sorry they are not better but the frames are 24x30 and rather large and trying to use an iphone and keep the glare to a minimum was not easy.  The documents are printed on fake parchment and have been yellowed. They came in a tube and smelled of vinegar. They could have come out better if I had an way to mount the full document without the mat. Not bad for less that $150 for all three. Thinking about buying some of these docs as gifts.

http://<a href=http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/fishstixphotos/image-9.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/fishstixphotos/image-10.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/fishstixphotos/image-7.jpg</a>" />

http://<a href=http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm281/fishstixphotos/image-6.jpg</a>" />

View Quote

I'm copying this!!! Awesome! I'll have to figure out what Mat bored is...

ETA...What was the total cost of each supplies? I see the replicas are $20 before shipping....
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top