Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2013 4:27:37 PM EDT
So I am looking at my builder grade linoleum floor in my kitchen and there is a seam right down the middle of the room. I can feel the seam with my fingernail and it seems like some dirt has migrated its way in there. My plan is to go at it with a toothpick, but I don't know if I'm missing anything.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#1]
How long has it been down?
You or previous owner?
Who installed it?

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
How long has it been down?
You or previous owner?
Who installed it?

5 years
I'm first owner
Builder
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 5:38:49 AM EDT
[#3]
For fine cleaning maybe a toothbrush would work? That's what my mom always uses to scrub the dirt out of grout.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#5]

OK, I'm going to need the patching instructions as well but any thoughts on cleaning the seam?
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Since you need to mask along the seam and pry it up a bit to get new glue in there, I'm thinging a carbide scraper (paint scraper) carefully run along the edge when it's pried up will clean any crud off the edge. Once glued down again there are seam sealers that should be able to fill the seam and keep it from getting crud in it again.
Link Posted: 6/2/2013 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Since you need to mask along the seam and pry it up a bit to get new glue in there, I'm thinging a carbide scraper (paint scraper) carefully run along the edge when it's pried up will clean any crud off the edge. Once glued down again there are seam sealers that should be able to fill the seam and keep it from getting crud in it again.

I can do that. Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top