Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2012 4:12:33 PM EDT
So my bathroom appeared top be the original 1982 laminate, which was chipped in places and just plain ugly.   Plus the sink was rusting and needed to be replaced.

Tearing it all out and starting over was a no-go due to cost, time, and flying solo.   This was 150 plus brushes, rollers, rags, etc.

Sanding and the base coat were easy, applying the chips is a messy process and I can't imagine doing this in a kitchen without an acre of plastic sheeting.   The sides with the outside corner were difficult to keep from sanding through.  There are other products that were mentioned deep in the Amazon reviews, but none were available locally like this one from the usual big box stores.  Online has more color choices, all I could find in the small size was black or this tan.

This will never be confused with real or synthetic stone, pictures are just after applying the top coat, so it is wet and shiny and the flash highlighted some edges.

Thinking about a peach color for the walls, and olive for the vanity base.   Not because I'm creative, but it was already on the same card at the paint display and all the other bathroom cards had effeminate colors.
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 4:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks really good OP!
Link Posted: 9/2/2012 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#2]
After building composite marble tops, granite, onyx and other for thirty years ,,,YOU DID WELL! Really pretty. I always liked the larger chip sizes rather that the tiny type in some Corian.
Link Posted: 9/3/2012 4:59:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Looks really good OP!

Link Posted: 9/3/2012 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks nice. I did mine is a glossy black and after a week the wife spilt a little nail polish on it and it ate some of the finish away. I have to go back this winter and apply another coat.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:07:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting, we've been thinking of this for our kitchen counters to hold us over a few years until we can budget replacement counter tops.

Can you take some photos once it's finished drying?
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I used the Cabinet kit they make and i couldnt be happier, prep was the key, and alot of patience. Rust oleum makes some good products, i used the garage epoxy and its still holding up to cars being rolled over, toolboxes etc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top