Author
¯\(°_o)/¯
Posted: 7/12/2012 9:32:08 PM EST

What's the best way to remove texture from a wall that hasn't been painted?

I tried using some all-purpose compound to do the texturing, and it didn't work out so well. Sanding it with 80 grit seems to take a lot off, but it isn't easy.

Should I rent a drywall sander and sand it off that way? I've got a random orbital I could take it off with, but that ain't fun either.
Lenny: It's 106 miles to LCR, we got a full tank of gas, half a rack of Bud Light, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Squiggy: Hit it.

I hate seafog.
jjc155
NRA Life Member, Oathkeeper
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/13/2012 2:51:10 AM EST
Originally Posted By Redcat:

What's the best way to remove texture from a wall that hasn't been painted?

I tried using some all-purpose compound to do the texturing, and it didn't work out so well. Sanding it with 80 grit seems to take a lot off, but it isn't easy.

Should I rent a drywall sander and sand it off that way? I've got a random orbital I could take it off with, but that ain't fun either.

wet it down with water, let it soak a while and scrape it with a stiff tape knife. They make wide stiff knives to remove texture too, if you have alot of area to work with.

J-

" I swear by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." John Galt.