Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
4/25/2017 7:42:44 PM
Tacked ASK AN NRA DIRECTOR! (Page 4 of 4)
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/29/2009 9:26:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/29/2009 10:12:19 AM EDT by wise_jake]

Originally Posted By Tom_King:
Originally Posted By wise_jake:
Hey Tom, can you comment any or at all on the situation in occupied Pennsylvania?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=907402

I know things generally start at the state-affiliate level, but is this yet on the NRA's radar?

As a non-Pennsylvanian I am not quite up on what PRPA is doing "locally" (that is, at the state level), nor what NRA may or may not be doing [at this point] in Pennsylvania.

Jake,

I can't really comment on this situation since I don't know much about it but let me explain how this works in NYS. When something like this comes up we are usually contacted by the shop owners with a detailed explanation of the situation. We make the appropriate local contacts in an attempt to solve the problem; if unsuccessful I refer the situation to the proper people in Fairfax for handling. The NRA Directors from Pennsylvania are good people and would jump right in if notified. I'll give them a call to find out if they are aware of the situation.

Tom King
Thank you, Tom, for the quick response. I posted a link to this in the above-linked thread, where "my" question originated.

It's crazy, because about 3/4 of the way through pg.1, someone posted a scanned image of where BATFE returned a Multiple Pistol Purchase Reporting Form (ATF Form 3310.4) to an FFL who submitted the form in accordance with the newly-promulgated PA State Police directive.

ETA: I think I have a good idea of how to get BATFE to look into this...
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:22:21 PM EDT
What is NRA doing to fight the ban on mail order sales of handgun ammunition in California?

What is NRA doing to repeal the "assault weapon" ban in California.

How many lobbyist does NRA/ILA have devoted full time to each of these fights? How much money has NRA/ILA spent on each of those fight this year?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:36:15 AM EDT
What are you doing?
Are you involved politically?
Do you support only candidates that support the 2nd Amendment?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:46:36 AM EDT
Why must the NRA call my house 7 billion times in a single week?
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 5:48:18 PM EDT
Mr. King would the NRA consider helping start a Citizens Patroit Milita
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 10:13:12 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MK262:
Why must the NRA call my house 7 billion times in a single week?

opt-out

http://www.nra.org/privacy.aspx
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 10:16:27 AM EDT
Sorry for the delay in answering I was out of town.. The response you already received is proper
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 10:17:38 AM EDT
Originally Posted By lazycat:

How can I possibly answer that question?
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 10:29:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/30/2009 2:32:24 PM EDT by wise_jake]

Originally Posted By lazycat:
How can I possibly answer that question?
Way to duck the question without letting on about the real NRA Citizens Patriot Militia, Mr. King.

We can't have everyone knowing about it...

[edited to better reflect joking/sarcasm]
Link Posted: 9/30/2009 12:04:16 AM EDT
Originally Posted By StevenH:
What is NRA doing to fight the ban on mail order sales of handgun ammunition in California?

What is NRA doing to repeal the "assault weapon" ban in California.

How many lobbyist does NRA/ILA have devoted full time to each of these fights? How much money has NRA/ILA spent on each of those fight this year?

I can actually help with this one.

The NRA and CRPA is working with the Calguns Foundation and Calguns.net to get the word out to ask individual gun owners to call, write, fax and email Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and respectfully request that he VETO AB 962 (Ammo sales restrictions) and SB 585 (Gun Show ban).

If you'd like to help, please contact the Governor at:

The Honorable Arnold Schwarzenegger, Governor
State of California
State Capitol, First Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814
Ph. 916-445-2841
Fax 916-558-3160 (fax # updated 9/18/09)
Email: http://gov.ca.gov/interact

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 2/19/2010 6:26:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By JoelK:
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
What part of the original post in this thread did you not understand? If you want to take issue with an answer, that is fine, being insulting in your response is not welcome.

I appologize. I did not mean to be insulting.

I have difficulty being politically correct in my comments, and am often too blunt/direct. If you feel that I should be awarded a timeout from the P&A forum, or any other punishment, I humbly submit.

Joel K

Joel, I missed the "INSULT" please point it out to me Sir?
Link Posted: 3/15/2010 12:32:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/15/2010 7:06:10 PM EDT by LawyerX]
Tom:

Before beginning, I’d like to thank NRA for its amicus briefs and the oral argument by Paul Clement on behalf of NRA in McDonald v. City of Chicago. Well done – most knowledgeable commentators predict a very high probability of incorporation pursuant to the due process clause of the 14th Amendment.

I’m a Life Member of the NRA but I’ve had a hard time getting responses from NRA itself on a number of issues. Hopefully you can answer a few questions for me.

BTW, having read through much of this thread, I would offer a suggestion. It is much easier to read your responses if you copy and paste text from the post to which you are replying into your reply, and then select that language and press the “quote” button on the GUI. That way you can reply line by line.

If you don’t have personal knowledge to answer any of the following, could you please send me via IM the email address or direct telephone line of a person at NRA who can answer that particular question? I will not, of course, disclose any such email address or phone number.

Similarly, if I ask a question the answer to which is readily available on line, please direct me to the appropriate URL.

1.Q: What are the respective missions of NRA, NRA-ILA, NRA Foundation, and the Civil Rights Defense Fund? Where are those missions set forth online?

2.Q: What are the corporate relationship between NRA, NRA-ILA, NRAPVF, NRA Foundation, and the Civil Rights Defense Fund?

Although the below is set forth without citations to source material, the Wikipedia entry for NRA reads::

According to the Better Business Bureau's web site, the NRA does not fall within the BBB's scope of Standards for Charity Accountability. They do note the following financials for the NRA as of December 31, 2004. The NRA's CEO, Wayne LaPierre, received a yearly salary of $895,897 in 2004. They also indicated that fundraising costs accounted for 46% of the contributions received. The NRA is a 501(c)(4) organization and indicated that the NRA's total income in 2004 was $205,402,491 and had expenses of $206,886,970. Total NRA assets at the end of 2004 were $222,841,128.

3.Q: Are these numbers correct?

4.Q: As I suspect Wikipedia is not distinguishing between entities, to which entity does the 46% fundraising cost figure apply?

5.Q: Where can I locate on line official financial disclosures or tax returns for the various NRA entities?

6.Q: Why is Mr. LaPierre paid nearly a million dollars per year?

7.Q: What are Mr. LaPierre’s primary job functions?

8.Q: Where can I find the salaries for other officers and directors of the various NRA entities?

9.Q: Where can I find the salary information for Christopher Cox?

10.Q: Where can I locate employment agreements for Mr. LaPierre and Mr. Cox?

11.Q: How exactly does NRA-ILA grade candidates for political office? I say “exactly” because I’ve read the general descriptions and find them overly subjective.

12.Q: When is an incumbent graded?

13.Q: How often is an incumbent re-graded?

14.Q: What is the relevant time interval for which a candidate is graded? For example, IIRC, Bill Clinton was graded “A” by NRA while running for governor of Arkansas. Although I was unable to find President Clinton's grade at NRAPVF, I assume it was considerably lower when he ran for president in 1992.

15.Q: Are candidates graded on their votes (or questionnaire responses) from the previous term of office, or is it cumulative over their career? In other words, if a candidate earned a solid F while representing a blue city in a red state, and thereafter acted in accordance with an A-rating when running for statewide office, how is the grade calculated?

16.Q: How does NRA decide which candidate to endorse where both candidates have the same grade?

17.Q: Are grades assigned before the results of primary elections? Where can I locate grades for primary elections?

18.Q: Does NRA ever endorse Democratic Party candidates over Republican candidates where the Democratic candidate has the same or a higher grade than the Republican candidate?

19.Q: Why did NRA endorse Jim Gilmore (R) over Mark Warner (D) in the 2008 Virginia senatorial race although both candidates had A-ratings?

20.Q: Due to the increasing importance of online debate in the political process, does the NRA maintain a searchable database where supporters can quickly locate facts, statistics, papers, and summaries, including hotlinks to source material?

21.Q: Would the NRA support federal law requiring NICS checks for private party sales at gun shows, provided the check was processed in strict compliance with the Tiahrt Amendment? Would the answer differ if such requirement would not include private party sales at venues other than gun shows or where the seller knows the buyer is not a prohibited person. Would the answer differ if criminal penalties were imposed on persons who violate the Tiahrt Amendment?

22.Q: Would the NRA support federal law requiring NICS checks for all private party sales, provided the check was processed in strict compliance with the Tiahrt Amendment? Would the answer differ if such requirement would not include private party sales where the seller knows the buyer is not a prohibited person. Would the answer differ if criminal penalties were imposed on persons who violate the Tiahrt Amendment?

23.Q: Would the NRA support as a component of “shall-issue” CCWs the requirement for a non-LEO to meet the lowest LEO standard for firearms qualification in that state? Assume for the sake of this question that any investigation, instruction and testing would be at no charge to the applicant or would be charged at the actual cost of the issuing agency.

24.Q: Would NRA support a federal law to allow non-LEO nation-wide concealed carry reciprocity even if such law required compliance with provisions similar to the firearms-related provisions of 18 U.S.C. Section 926B(c)?

I ask this because 18 U.S.C. Section 926B(c) expressly limits its application to any law enforcement officer who :

(2) is authorized by the agency to carry a firearm;
[. . . ]
(4) meets standards, if any, established by the agency which require the employee to regularly qualify in the use of a firearm.

Implicit in these express requirements is imposing the LOWEST standard that any state applies to sworn LEOs to allow them to carry concealed weapons, which may include class time on the use of lethal force, live fire training and qualification (and periodic requalification) and application of a standardized psychological evaluation examination. Again, assume that such investigation, training and testing would be at no charge to the applicant or would be charged to the applicant at actual cost of the issuing agency.

25.Q: As NRA already negotiates group rates for, e.g., life insurance, why doesn’t NRA negotiate group health insurance rates for members? Even if only 10% of four million members sought such insurance, NRA would have enormous bargaining power and could negotiate very low rates for very high quality medical coverage.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Link Posted: 3/15/2010 3:15:09 PM EDT
I suggest you contact the NRA's General Counsel for answers to those questions.
Link Posted: 3/15/2010 8:50:18 PM EDT
Tom:

I'm not trying to put you on the spot on anything, nor am I bashing the NRA. I'm a life member and I'm interested in knowing more about how it operates. I HAVE a dog in this fight –– the NRA –– and I'm glad that it is as tough as it has been.

As noted by the thread moderator, the purpose of this thread is to provide the opportunity to:
Originally Posted By HiramRanger: [ . . . ] ask tough questions [ . . . and have] a chance to gain better understanding of why the NRA does the things it does. . . .

I realize that being a Director is *not* your full-time job, and I realize that you can’t speak to questions directed simply to “Would the NRA . . . .” Please note that it was my own error when I failed to specify NRA-ILA and/or NRA PVF with regard to endorsements of candidates for public office.

However, your response that:
I suggest you contact the NRA's General Counsel for answers to those questions.

leaves me puzzled.

Are you saying that you don't know the answers to any of my questions? Many of the questions I posed to you above are questions that my non-firearms-owning friends ask *me* about the NRA. I'd like to be able to answer *their* questions on an informed basis.

As you offer above:
I don't know the answers to those questions but will find out what I can. TK

My purpose in asking you these questions is just that –– the hope that you, by merit of your status as a Director, can obtain relevant information more efficiently than I could by writing to a nameless, faceless person with an office in that big building at 11250 Waples Mill Road. In the interest of stream-lining this discussion, please ignore any questions in my original post except those set forth below, which don’t appear to be of the nature that would require input from a General Counsel:

Originally Posted By LawyerX:
4.Q: [ . . . ] to which entity does the 46% fundraising cost figure apply? [which figure Wikipedia lists without citation to any source and which may be incorrect]

5.Q: Where can I locate on line official financial disclosures or tax returns for the various NRA entities?

[ . . . ]

8.Q: Where can I find the salaries for other officers and directors of the various NRA entities?

[ . . . ]

10.Q: Where can I locate employment agreements for Mr. LaPierre and Mr. Cox?

11.Q: How exactly does NRA-ILA grade candidates for political office? I say “exactly” because I’ve read the general descriptions and find them overly subjective.

[ . . . ]

16.Q: How does NRA decide which candidate to endorse where both candidates have the same grade?

17.Q: Are grades assigned before the results of primary elections? Where can I locate grades for primary elections?

If these questions still require input from the General Counsel or his/her office, could you please IM me the email and telephone contact information for the GC?

Thanks again for your help.

Link Posted: 3/19/2010 12:51:26 PM EDT
As an attorney you know exactly why I responded as I did. Contact the NRA via the number on the back of your membership card and as for the General Counsel's office
Link Posted: 3/19/2010 8:35:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/21/2010 2:28:44 AM EDT
As an attorney you know exactly why I responded as I did. Contact the NRA via the number on the back of your membership card and as for the General Counsel's office

Understood, Tom. It was not my intent to rattle your cage or disrespect you in any fashion, and I apologize if it came across that way. It appears that I have not been directing my questions to the right people –– the right employees –– within NRA.

HiramRanger has proven repeatedly to me that he is both fair-minded and a straight shooter –– a TOUGH job for the moderator of this forum. As I trust him, I trust the endorsement he gives to you. Your candor and professionalism is enough to get my vote.

As I noted above, NRA is the biggest dog in the fight, and my goals here are: (1) to demonstrate to liberal 2A types that NRA is first and foremost a civil rights organization devoted to safeguarding one of the fundamental rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights –– a right that the ACLU officially "disagrees" with and will not defend, notwithstanding the clear holding of Heller; (2) that NRA is not, as many gun-owning liberals have come to believe, either on the "fringe," "extremist" or a "pawn" of the firearms industry.; (3) to accumulate facts to rebut the "quasi" facts that the hoplophobic left repeats from such highly "reliable" sources as the VPC and the Brady Campaign; and (4) to prove that the NRA is non-partisan and does not merely shill for the GOP.

I think we should all take heart in knowing that many 2A supporters on the left oppose further restrictions on our rights for various reasons –– that increased gun control does not result in reducing crime, that newspeak terms such as "assault weapon" reduce the credibility of anybody who invokes the term, and that major players in the Democratic Party, notably President Clinton and James Carville, have commented on the disastrous consequences the Dems suffered in 1994 BECAUSE of outrage over the AWB.

We will never be able to change the minds of the shrieking hoplophobic left.

We CAN, however, convince at least some on the left –– firearms owners or not –– that whatever their personal feelings about private firearms ownership or the NRA, the issue of gun control is a political landmine for the Dems, and that they should rightly fear, and accept as an unavoidable political reality, that Democratic Party efforts at the federal level will result in purple states going red. That, I feel, is the most goal of communicating these items to gun owners who vote blue –– for them to really and truly drop the issue and convince their party leadership to drop the issue as it can only suffer further losses by continuing to shill for small but noisy organizations that *I* think are both "extremist" and on the "fringe" e.g., VPC and Brady.

I will direct my original questions to the GC per the suggestions of you and HiramRanger.

If you have questions about Tom's positions as an NRA Director, by all means ask away.

I do have a couple questions of your opinion –– you don't have to state whether you would or would not support the matters at issued, specifically my questions about achieving nationwide recognition of state-issued CCWs:

Originally Posted By LawyerX:
23.Q: Would the NRA support as a component of “shall-issue” CCWs the requirement for a non-LEO to meet the lowest LEO standard for firearms qualification in that state? Assume for the sake of this question that any investigation, instruction and testing would be at no charge to the applicant or would be charged at the actual cost of the issuing agency.

24.Q: Would NRA support a federal law to allow non-LEO nation-wide concealed carry reciprocity even if such law required compliance with provisions similar to the firearms-related provisions of 18 U.S.C. Section 926B(c)?

I ask this because 18 U.S.C. Section 926B(c) expressly limits its application to any law enforcement officer who :

(2) is authorized by the agency to carry a firearm;
[. . . ]
(4) meets standards, if any, established by the agency which require the employee to regularly qualify in the use of a firearm.

Implicit in these express requirements is imposing the LOWEST standard that any state applies to sworn LEOs to allow them to carry concealed weapons, which may include class time on the use of lethal force, live fire training and qualification (and periodic requalification) and application of a standardized psychological evaluation examination. Again, assume that such investigation, training and testing would be at no charge to the applicant or would be charged to the applicant at actual cost of the issuing agency.

Since the requirements of 18 U.S.C. Section 926B(c) (under either subd.(2) or (4)) that permit nationwide concealed carry by LEOs do incorporate a minimal training requirement, do you think that applying such standards to non-LEO CCWs would make nation-wide CCW more politically viable?

I think between you, me, and the fencepost, the logic is unassailable –– it simply would not make any sense to disallow non-LEO national carry if the non-LEOs meet whatever state or local standard the federal government requires for nation-wide concealed carry by LEOs.

Obviously common sense and politics often –– if not typically –– do not intersect. I am curious as to your thoughts on such an approach.

As noted in my earlier post, it bears repeating to congratulate and thank NRA for its amicus briefs and the oral argument by Paul Clement on behalf of NRA in McDonald v. City of Chicago.

Continued thanks for your assistance,

LX

Link Posted: 5/7/2010 8:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/7/2010 9:52:42 PM EDT by HiramRanger]
let me preface by stating i am a lifetime nra member. i am also pretty libertarian in my views. oh and i have a gun shop in fl and am a ffl
so i definitly have a dog in this fight. i believe in the work of the nra and ila
so here is my problem
one the nra is a strictly gop party and i frankly hate the gop the republicans are cowards. they bow to religious nutjobs who feel they can dictate peoples lives based on what an invisible man in the sky tells them.
secondly the nra calls me constantly to beg!! they beg and beg for money they are worse than welfare mothers hands outstreached begging for bread.
the nra should support the democrats they sure act like them.

Please do not troll this thread. Behavior that is tolerated in GD will often not fly in a tech forum. Another post like this and you will be locked out of the P&A forum. ~ HiramRanger
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 8:45:58 AM EDT
From NYS, born and raised. I was a member of the NRA for a year before I decided not to reup, but still get the Emails. Part of that decision was based on my lack of knowledge pertaining to any current NY cases to strike down the rather draconian gun laws. Between the NYSAWB ($45 for a magazine that other states pay $10 at most), pistol licensing (6mo+ sometimes, as int he case of one of my friends), CCW permits being nonexistant to the average person,etc you would think that NY would be a prime place to judge the consititutionality of gun laws. Is there anywhere I can find specific 2A cases dealing strictly with NY that the NRA or other groups have in the pipeline?

Also, when it comes time to elections it seems like us downstaters (I know, lost cause but us conservative shooters do exist below Albany) get skipped for political ads. In the decade or so I've been following politics I haven't seen one NRA support ad, nor have I seen a NRA attack ad on those that would trample our 2A rights (*cough Bloomberg cough*). Any plans to be more active in the NYC/Long Island elections?
Link Posted: 2/13/2011 10:05:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2011 10:09:26 PM EDT by vonchuck]
Hi all Is it me or what ? the end of 01/2011 my wife and son was assaulted in my home the cops came and arrested my son's ex for 2 counts of assault. after the ex girl friend was released she lied to the judge to get a restraining ouder on my son to break balls the cops came to my house to look for my son's weapoms which he has none. I was at work when thay came thay had asked my wife for the key's to the gun locker she had told the cops that I had the key's with me. the next day thay came back to see me and said that thay just needed to make sure that all the weapons were mine and not my son's. so I open the locker and thats when thay told me thay were takeing all of my stuff. took all my guns, bows, permits and ammo. witch i thought was bull but this is NJ. so we went to court on the restraining ouder judge seen she was liying and dismissed the restraining ouder. I asked the judge how and when i can get my stuff back he told me to take the dismissed ouder to the prosecutor's office so I did. now the prosecutor tells me there has to be a hearing to see if thay will give my stuff back.
1) my family assaulted in my home
2) a restraining ouder was giving to the one who did the assault on my family
3) my weapons taken away(now i cant defend my home
4) now I have to fight get my legal weapons back
Link Posted: 3/23/2011 4:06:24 AM EDT
Sue for illegal search and seizure. It'll go very interesting places. Hopefully the NRA or other gun rights advocates will help in the litigation costs.
Link Posted: 12/13/2011 7:30:57 PM EDT
How can i be more involved in the NRA ? I live in RI
Link Posted: 1/19/2012 5:07:52 PM EDT
Dear Mr King,

By the way it looks Mitt Romney is about to become the Republican nominee and we as gun owners get the the worst pro-gun candidate of not only from the current field Republicans running for President but of many decades worth of nominees. And to put things further into perspective this is after a decade of progress in the legislative area and change of main stream opinion in our favor we are now about to have a nominee that has used the exact same rhetoric that is only heard from the Brady's, Dianne Feinstein, Carolyn McCarthy and Chuck Schumer when they use loaded propaganda words like killing machines to demonize a certain class of guns so they can scare the public into supporting gun bans.
I find this to be an utter failure and although I see the absolute necessity to remove Obama from office how is any gun owner with good conscience going to be able to vote for Mitt Romney?

If possible I would like you to push the NRA to deliver as message from the NRA to Mitt Romney personally that he should in his speech in front of the next NRA annual meeting make a pledge that he will veto any new gun ban that comes to his desk during a potential presidency of his.
That would be a powerful statement and the least that we could ask from him in exchange of any support for this D rated candidate and at least it would give some comfort for people who like me who wants to contribute to the NRA effort to defeat Obama but can't do so if it chooses to endorse a Romney candidacy without having him giving something in return, after all this is the master flip flopper himself so it should not be that hard for him to give us a promise that we can hold this RINO to.

I see the importance of perception like in the Art of War you need to in the art of politics give the appearance that you are large if you are small and in this election cycle the gun issue is not as relevant compared to pervious years but I hope the NRA gives Romney an impression that the we matter and that we can undo his aspirations if he does not play to our tune. I hope that NRA can influence a potential Romney presidency and ease the conscience for any gun owner considering to cast a vote or contribute to the NRA's effort to defeat Obama through the support of Romney.

Sincirely,

Kersey

Link Posted: 12/17/2012 11:18:54 PM EDT
This thread seems to have gone dormant. However, given the shooting in Connecticut on Friday I wanted to make a strong appeal to the NRA to not bend on opposing a new assault weapons ban as Diane Feinstein is supposed to propose during the next Congress.

I am breaking out my check book to contribute more generously this year to the NRA as well as gun advocacy groups in North Carolina and Virginia.
Link Posted: 12/19/2012 12:57:19 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Bladerunner:
This thread seems to have gone dormant. However, given the shooting in Connecticut on Friday I wanted to make a strong appeal to the NRA to not bend on opposing a new assault weapons ban as Diane Feinstein is supposed to propose during the next Congress.

I am breaking out my check book to contribute more generously this year to the NRA as well as gun advocacy groups in North Carolina and Virginia.

Please consider saf.org also.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 10:21:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2013 10:24:23 AM EDT by patchouli]
Tom,

Is the Board having increased meetings due to the new legislation?
Are there new ad-hoc committees being formed to strategize effective fights?

What is the general feeling of the board in regard to mag restrictions,etc? Where does Joaquin Jackson side on the matters?

Thanks for any insight you can share.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:16:09 PM EDT
I don't know if anyone thought of it yet, but if they ban AR's - just think how many jobs will be lost! I think 80% of AR's and parts are made in the USA
Link Posted: 2/3/2013 5:14:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/3/2013 6:02:51 PM EDT by DaBoomhower]
Originally Posted By Bladerunner:

Its gone dormant because getting any questions anwered that could be publically quoted as "from the NRA" could not be answered. it was more like trying to ask questions about a senators agenda at your local city council meeting and even the mod states so below :)

Tom is not professional NRA staff, if you have questions about NRA operations or official files and documents, kindly direct them to the General Counsel. If you have questions about Tom's positions as an NRA Director, by all means ask away. Remember, the NRA is guided by ALL of the Directors and not just Tom. I think the questions for Tom are more appropriately his experience, positions and any policies he might be personally advocating. There is far too much going on with the NRA for any volunteer to be familiar with it all, or to have the time to run down the answers to very detailed questions when our dues help pay for a professional staff whose purpose it is to provide those answers.

With that being said my question to ALL is:

1) When is the NRA going to pony up and pin the gun violence on "PEOPLE" ( I did not say gun owners like you and I) but people are responsible for killing people.
3 days after newtown Lapeirre on CNN was fumbling and stuttering and making us gun owners look like tools, blaming gun violence on videogames?! pretty sure people were killed before atari came out bud.

2) why has the NRA not tried a "sameside" approach? cant beat em outright why not aleast lead them into a direction that is more effective to the cause of preserving life? changes do need to be made, why not side with "them" and lead them to make changes like a firearms licensing program at the federal level? I have to pass a physical to keep my commercial truck license why not make a license like a drivers license?
( for those of you out there that are like my old man that says "thats invasion of privacy they just wanna track you" or " its part of a conspiracy" you must not have an ID/ or drivers license because thats the same info collected for drivers license. hell it doesnt even need to be a seperate license just add a "firearms endorsement" to your state drivers license, and require people to take a "responsible gun owner test" hell I had to take a test to shoot at an indoor range!? but not to buy a gun?! hell I dont know about anyone else but im sure theyd agree theyd rather take a test get a "license" to buy guns than have another ban..
not only would a licensing program ensure guns are going to responsible people but maybe we can kick this 10 day waiting period and speed up background check times if someone has a license already? catch my drift Mr king?

3) why isnt the NRA coming down hard on IRRESPONSIBLE gun owners? they are making us look like ARSE!! why not be proactive into legistlation that holds irresponsible gun owners to a higher standard?
IF the newtown shooters mother hadnt been killed in the shooting why should she NOT be charged with anything? I say set her a$$ in the cell next to her son and or give her the death sentence too. the firearms were her responsibility she was negligent in being a responsible gun owner.

4) I have a simple tactic to fighting off attacks on model specific banning (IE assault weapons) do you, Mr king know how many people get killed in car accidents? in the 2005, 42,636 people killed. About 115 per day out of those which vehicle model has the highest fatalities? its Nissan, why hasnt there been a ban on Nissans in the US? just to put it in perspective with banning my AR's

4) after Lapierres stuttering stanley incident on CNN why has he not been relieved and someone that can represent gun owners CONFIDENTLY and INTELLIGENTLY been taken care of?

and FYI I WAS part of the NRA my father canceled both our subscriptions when I was 16 in the 99 AWB in CA....
I am deployed active duty and was just about to rejoin the NRA right after the newtown incident, knowing that a Shet storm was coming, then Lapierre came on CNN in our command operations control room and I said forget that Im not paying for that representation.

Let be pro-active not reactive, its more productive.
this is not a bashing its cold hard truth much like the cold hard BLUED barrels on my guns.

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 6:21:58 PM EDT
General question...

I just upgraded to a Life membership: How do I become a sponsor for others wanting to upgrade?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/28/2013 1:16:01 AM EDT
Originally Posted By TheFarm:
General question...

I just upgraded to a Life membership: How do I become a sponsor for others wanting to upgrade?

Thanks

Just send them this link. https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=ar15
Link Posted: 9/21/2013 12:20:52 AM EDT
As a Life NRA member here in California, I'm at a loss. What question would help?
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 12:23:33 AM EDT
Dear Mr. Tom King,

I have 2 simple questions:

What is the NRA doing to get full auto back?

What is the NRA doing to rescind the asinine tax on suppressors and short barreled rifles/shotguns?

Before you answer, please give me a moment...

The answer you are thinking of is this: "There is no sporting purpose..." I'm sorry, that simply doesn't fly here. You don't have a guaranteed right to hunt. You don't have a guaranteed right to target shoot. You don't really even have a GUARANTEED right to self defense (If you want to be literal about it, it doesn't say you can shoot a guy breaking into your house...)

The words say:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

When they wrote this document, they had cannon. It doesn't say, "Right to keep and bear Arms, except cannon, shall not be infringed." Know why? I'm glad you asked! See most of the cannon used in the Revolutionary war were... drum-roll... PRIVATELY HELD CANNON! Wow. 'Magine that. But it's not so crazy, right, because we were fighting a war and "our" side didn't have a government! So of course the cannon had to be privately held. (Of course we stole cannon from the Brits when we won a battle, but that wasn't how we got all of them.)

So I submit to you sir, that the NRA is missing something HUGE here. Because I know you're going to say, "Nothing. About either." And that's just sad.

Thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 3:06:03 PM EDT
I would like to get a petition going to pressure the Supreme Court to stop the blatant violation of Second Amendment rights in California and in the 9th Circuit Court. Part of the petition would request that leaders like Jerry Brown and the judges in the 9th need to be disbarred and removed from office via impeachment or whichever legal means available.

There is no question in regards to the fact that they are violating the US Constitution, Bill of Rights, Second Amendment. I think we need to step in and aggressively ensure this activity stops. I have read enough material to know that their legal decisions are unconstitutional and the Supreme Court Needs to step in ASAP.

What would the best way to start his process, and anyone who would like to help can step up to the plate. I would like the see the NRA's ILA write-up for a petition, but honestly I think we just need to rally enough Americans to demand that the Supreme Court step in and stop these tyrants from running amuck with Americans constitutional rights.

PM me if you have something to offer. And yes this is activism to demand accountability! I'm very interested in a digital petition, and getting the results to state law makers and senators, and governors. And then pressure the Supreme Court to step up to the plate.

No assumptions, just some good old grass roots patriots standing up for the right reasons. Our neighbors in California and the West Coast are being rules by tyrants. Lets not allow this cancer spread to the rest of the nation. The East Coast nanny states are trying to follow in their footsteps, lets put an end to this nonsense.

I'm also interested in working with the NRA to get millions of gun owners to march and rally for this cause. Lets face it, working Americans voices are not heard, because we don't have the time to be activists. Lets make the time before it's too late.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked ASK AN NRA DIRECTOR! (Page 4 of 4)
Top Top