Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/17/2007 10:46:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2007 4:30:47 PM EDT by Jeff82]
Here it is: Petition to Recall Joaquin Jackson

This is a hot link so you click it and it should download to your computer. It's a Word doc.

You'll get the first page which is the petition and two follow on pages with additional info as to why I'm doing this. (If you've followed this thread on GT then you already know. here
Get this around to gun shows, clubs, ranges etc. We need to act fairly quickly as this needs to get in in time to make the print deadline for the next annual meeting. We've got about two months.

Feel free to spread the link to other sites. ("copy shortcut" to get the real "megaupload" link!)

Can we make this a sticky for the next two months or so? Thanks.

Okay Stevemis on THR has converted this to a pdf file but this site says it's 25kb over my quota so I can't put it here. I must not have much of a quota as this would be my first upload.

So, you can go to following forums and seach for "Click to Recall Joaquin Jackson!!" to get the pdf version: GlockTalk, The High Road, OA2 Olympic Arms, and Your American Backyard.
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 3:11:51 AM EDT
bump
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 10:02:35 AM EDT
So far 17 downloads. At this rate for a month we'll get 510. But I'd be surprised if there'd be a minimum of 100 from three states.

Come on gang, let's get all our "voting" NRA friends in on this!!

Link Posted: 9/18/2007 3:32:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/17/2007 5:25:12 PM EDT by Jeff82]
1018 download's from the Megaupload site as of edited time!! (Not counting pdf downloads from the various places it is posted but there's at least 100 of them.)

The hard part will be getting 100 per in at least three states.

49 Petitions received (had to send one back to TX as it was missing info, got it Texas!)

Alabama - 1
California - 4
Colorado - 1
Connecticut - 1
Florida - 1
Georgia - 1
Illinois - 3
Indiana - 1
Kentucky - 1
Maryland - 4
Massachusetts - 1
Michigan - 1
Minnesota - 1
Mississippi - 3
Nebraska - 1
New Jersey - 1
New York - 2
North Carolina - 4
North Dakota - 2
Oklahoma - 1
Oregon - 1
Pennsylvania - 4
Texas - 2
Virginia - 6
Washington - 1

Link Posted: 9/18/2007 3:38:08 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Jeff82:
Here it is: Petition to Recall Joaquin Jackson

This is a hot link so you click it and it should download to your computer. It's a Word doc.

You'll get the first page which is the petition and two follow on pages with additional info as to why I'm doing this. (If you've followed this thread on GT then you already know. )

If there are any problems with the link PM me so I can contact the file storage site.

Get this around to gun shows, clubs, ranges etc. We need to act fairly quickly as this needs to get in in time to make the print deadline for the next annual meeting. We've got about two months.

Feel free to spread the link to other sites. ("copy shortcut" to get the real "megaupload" link!)

Can we make this a sticky for the next two months or so? Thanks.

Who?
Link Posted: 9/18/2007 5:38:12 PM EDT
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=137&t=613913
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 5:33:15 AM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 9/19/2007 2:38:22 PM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 7:23:16 AM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 4:29:38 PM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 4:47:03 PM EDT
I can't vote but come on, clearly the guy needs to go.

Back up there.
Link Posted: 9/20/2007 4:54:55 PM EDT
Got the email,Im checking my membership status!

Im surprised that more people won't get off their ass & Zumbo this !
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 11:30:17 AM EDT
btt
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 11:56:51 AM EDT
Yup, if there isn't more people willing to do something about this that means we are doomed. If the majority of NRA members (voting that is) are indifferent to this we are seriously screwed. First its 10 round capacity, then its 5,.........
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 12:04:43 PM EDT
You'll have mine in a few days Jeff.

Thanks
Derek
Link Posted: 9/21/2007 12:09:33 PM EDT
Tag for tomorrow
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 6:13:11 AM EDT
So one must be an NRA member for five years in order to participate in this petition? I've only been a member for a few months. What can I do to join this effort?
Link Posted: 9/22/2007 3:51:36 PM EDT
I appreciate your enthusiasm! Unfortunately not much unless you want to pay in full for a Life membership right now and then once NRA has you on the roles as paid in full then send me a filled out petition. I'll be taking them until early Nov.

Otherwise you can help by spreading the word and posting the pdf and megauplaod links at othre sites. You can also print out a bunch the take them to your local range, club, gun show, etc...
Link Posted: 9/23/2007 12:52:47 PM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By JaxShooter:
Can't vote either. hinking.gif
But I'd love it if you helped spread the word!!

I think we're going to need close to 2 thousand petitions to get the "three states 100 petitions each" number. Just a guess...
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 6:55:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2007 6:58:52 AM EDT by Jeff82]
Any one particularly successful at copying then distributing these petitions?

I'm trying to get an idea about how many are out there. 525 isn't going to cut it. We'll need (I'm guessing) at least 2,000 in order to get the "100 in each of three state" minimum if we depend purely on the downloads.

This will require several successful attempts at gun shows within one state, x three.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 5:30:33 PM EDT
Just so's people know I'm updating the numbers daily on the first page.
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 6:59:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/25/2007 7:01:33 PM EDT by FreedomJoyAdventure]
I'd like to link to this on my blog: Freedom, Joy, Adventure

I'm a life member, and I'm infuriated by Mr. Jackson's comments and attitude.

I'll assume it's OK with you and go ahead, if it isn't, just let me know.

Cheers,

Rich
Link Posted: 9/25/2007 7:28:03 PM EDT
Downloaded, printed, signed, addressed, stamped and will be mailed in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 9:34:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/26/2007 9:35:31 AM EDT by Jeff82]
height=8
Originally Posted By FreedomJoyAdventure:
I'd like to link to this on my blog: Freedom, Joy, Adventure

I'm a life member, and I'm infuriated by Mr. Jackson's comments and attitude.

I'll assume it's OK with you and go ahead, if it isn't, just let me know.

Cheers,

Rich
Absolutely okay with me. Just tell them to return them to me at the provided address though.

You can put the pdf version on your site too!

Thanks!!
Jeff
Link Posted: 9/26/2007 4:43:19 PM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By Jeff82:
... Just tell them to return them to me at the provided address though.

You can put the pdf version on your site too!

Thanks!!
Jeff

Done, thanks!
Link Posted: 9/27/2007 6:39:22 PM EDT
:Bump:
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 3:45:06 PM EDT
Welcome New Jersey!! Now, get your buds on board and try and catch Virginia. She's walking away from the pack. California, eat her dust!
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 4:03:31 PM EDT
Didn't get to the mail box today. I'll add petitions tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 5:09:14 PM EDT
One man shouldn't be able to remove a board member. I can't. Only with many men in agreement should this be able to happen.

That said, this petition will not work by just the folks that I contact signing up (1st order effect). To get the numbers we need we'll need to "network." The people you talk to (2nd order) and the folks they talk to (3rd order) and so forth, will be needed for this to work.

I've had well over 600 downloads to date. Sooner or later most of those will come in. yet so far, I'm only getting a trickle, 1 or 2 a day. Over the last four days I've only gotten 2 and they're for the most part spread out over many states. We need to get at least 100 in each of three states to validate the petition. I'll need to see which states are closest so we can redouble efforts to ensure the right numbers. I'll bet the vast majority of voting members haven't a clue that this petition is going on. It'll require ALL of us to bring it up at our local clubs, ranges, in the field, even the grocery stores. All the voting members should, at the very least, be made aware of this so they can make a decision to support this or not. I can't do that alone. It takes you too. Not to convince them, but simply to provide a choice.

One man won't (and shouldn't) be able to take out one board member. But many men, in agreement, can.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 2:32:59 AM EDT
Yeah, abolish the NRA, just what we need then we would NOT have any guns to worry about!
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 2:26:00 PM EDT
The NRA is active in many, many areas. It would be a big loss to lose them (us). Why not just vote in pro 2A board members (or vote out those working against the BoRs) and have a super rights fighting club?
Link Posted: 10/6/2007 2:09:22 PM EDT
Two more states with us! New York and Pennsylvania. Greetings!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:27:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/7/2007 3:27:55 PM EDT by Jeff82]
Had a great day today. Went and shot in a USPSA match put on by Tino with the Fredericksburg R&GC with stage design by the folks from Shooter's Paradise. Tons of fun and as there were 5 classifier stages I shouldn't have to shoot "Unclass" (No class? haha) anymore!!
Link Posted: 10/13/2007 9:26:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/13/2007 9:27:58 AM EDT by Jeff82]
Ladies and Gentlemen,
There have been many downloads. Nearly 900. But I've only received 30+ petitions back. (Haven't checked yet today. Wifee will be home later and she's stopping by the box.)

Now I don't know if the "other" side of this argument has started dl'ing to boost the numbers to cause my (our) side to think their vote is not needed, that someone else can do it, but please do not let this stop you from voicing your choice in the matter. Every vote counts and every vote is needed. It's important to let the Board know just how much support is out here for this point of view. We don't want to be marginalized.

So if you have been meaning to send your petition in do it. If you know of vote eligible folks that haven't had the chance to learn of the situation, bring it up and discuss it. Take action if you agree.

I'd like to get the petitions to NRA HQ by mid Nov. That will ensure they've got the time necessary to do the things they need to by the bylaws. We can wait a little bit more but then we're cutting into our "safety margin."

Petitions are up, 8 in the last two days not including today, so maybe we're 'turning the corner' so to speak. Don't count on someone else to do it, you take action.

Let me count on you!! You can on me!

Link Posted: 10/16/2007 4:06:20 PM EDT
Can non-NRA members submit this? I let my membership expire, and recently refused to re-new when sent an offer based on this situation. If this is the message the NRA is going to send out on my behalf I'd just assume they send no message at all.

I am currently looking for a pro-2A organization that will look out for all of it's members interests.
Link Posted: 10/17/2007 5:32:34 PM EDT
height=8
Originally Posted By Camaroman:
Can non-NRA members submit this? I let my membership expire, and recently refused to re-new when sent an offer based on this situation. If this is the message the NRA is going to send out on my behalf I'd just assume they send no message at all.

I am currently looking for a pro-2A organization that will look out for all of it's members interests.
Sorry no dice. This is actually an internal membership effort to determine future policy for our club. Gotta be a member to play.
Link Posted: 10/18/2007 5:37:35 PM EDT
**Important Info**

I've combined efforts with several others. A blog has been created to handle this whole JJ debacle. All the updated info will be there.

recalljoaquinjackson.blogspot.com

I will be updating that single site instead of trying to keep the dozen+ forums I was posting in, updated. That took about an hour and that was if there were minimal new posts to reply to.

I will try to answer new posts as they occur but I won't be updating the numbers here any longer.

Thanks to All!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2007 6:13:05 PM EDT
bump
Top Top