Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2017 8:53:44 AM EDT
I took my daughter to see Dunkirk, last night. She loves Harry Styles and this was his movie debut.

This was not my typical war movie, but it was really well done and superbly cast. Tom Hardy and Harry Styles were both spot on for their roles. It was a pretty somber story, but made me gain a whole new respect for the British.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I was underwhelmed by it. It was a confusing muddle with over the top sound affects.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:06:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I enjoyed it but I expected Nolan to let Zimmer swamp the movie in useless noise and that's exactly what he did. Dialogue barely audible over the music in many scenes, and the music makes sure to reminds us of which scenes are tense, just in case we forget while watching them.

I really cannot stand Zimmer scores at this point. I knew he would fuck Dunkirk
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Saw it in IMAX yesterday.

It was OK. The mixed timeline was a little confusing.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 11:30:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Is this where the Brits get in over their heads trying to rescue the French from the NAZIs, and have to be rescued by civilian fishermen (while leaving most of the French to be captured)?  
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 12:11:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought it was shit.

Pretty cinematography.
Link Posted: 8/6/2017 3:28:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought it was shit.

Pretty cinematography.
View Quote
Agreed. The aerial shots of the spitfires was very well done.
Link Posted: 10/31/2017 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought it was shit.

Pretty cinematography.
View Quote
Me too.....Overrated big time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top