Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2017 12:57:34 PM EDT
First off, Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman, herself) , WOW!

Secondly, Chris Pine (Steve Trevor) was terrific, as usual.

Lucy Davis (Etta, the Secretary) was a great supporting actor.  I wish her part were larger, as I wanted more from her.

Ewen Bremner, Eugene Brave Rock and Said Taghmaoui (the three stooges) were funny, also wanted more from them.

Story was decent (no spoilers, please).

Visuals were terrific and not as overall dark as most other films in the DC comic universe such as Batman or the more recent Batman vs Superman.

My Recommendation - Go see it in a theater.  The scale of the film (the visuals and the sound) will be lost at home.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#1]
P.S. - Happy Birthday, Elena Anaya.  I saw your new film on your birthday.

Too bad they took this face:

and did this with it:

Well,... art, eh?
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 5:29:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I saw it as well. I wasn't too thrilled about "Wonder Woman" based on my memories of the old "Wonder Woman" TV series with Linda Carter that I sometimes watched on TV back in the day. That and I wasn't that thrilled about Gal Gadot playing the lead role. I first saw her in the movie "Criminal" starring Kevin Costner. She was really skinny/bony and waif looking. I wasn't impressed. She reminded me of Olive Oyl from the Popeye cartoons. But, then I saw her in Wonder Woman and wow! She's gotten healthy and hot! No more skinny waif.

This movie was surprisingly much, much better than I imagined it would be. The storyline was good as were the supporting actors. The last act/climax scene got to be a little tedious with the sameness (starting to get stale) that these superhero movies (like The Hulk/Superman/Batman and others) have with the superhero confronting a seemingly superior and invincible villain. Other than that it was a very well done movie. I'll probably add it to my collection of 4K UHD Blu-ray discs.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, like I said about Gal Gadot, Wow!

The TV series Wonder Woman was so incredibly bad, just terrible, I never watched it.  I still can't bear to see the little clips advertising it on ME TV.  It was THAT bad.  

This movie is not like that.  It is far, far better.

Anyone who stays away because they don't want or respect a strong female lead is really missing something good with this movie.

The scene where they re-take Veld from the Germans was pretty darned good.  

I liked the bar scenes where we are introduced to the "three stooges", too.

However, like you, I am getting tired of the cataclysmic confrontations used as the movie's climax.  It is getting stale.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 12:33:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, like I said about Gal Gadot, Wow!

The TV series Wonder Woman was so incredibly bad, just terrible, I never watched it.  I still can't bear to see the little clips advertising it on ME TV.  It was THAT bad.  

This movie is not like that.  It is far, far better.

Anyone who stays away because they don't want or respect a strong female lead is really missing something good with this movie.

The scene where they re-take Veld from the Germans was pretty darned good.

I liked the bar scenes where we are introduced to the "three stooges", too.

However, like you, I am getting tired of the cataclysmic confrontations used as the movie's climax.  It is getting stale.
View Quote
Yes, that scene and the scene of  the fight between the Amazons and the Germans was also pretty good. The only thing that would be better would be if they made a sequel with Wonder Woman fighting the Nazis in WWII. I'm starting to get a little bored of the super heroes constantly fighting aliens and mutants. It' be great to see some WWII action. And, I have to admit I much preferred the WWI action in Wonder Woman to the WWII action they had in "Captain America." "Wonder Woman" was just a much better filmed period movie.

Yeah, the over exaggerated "impossible to beat villain" is getting lame and stale. Kind of like the James Bonds films that were first about spy capers which eventually grew into super villains that were working to conquer the entire world nonsense and space shuttle fighting with laser guns in outer space. When they moved the James Bond franchise back to normal spy capers it gave that series a new lease on life and breathed fresh air into the Bond character.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 11:18:46 AM EDT
[#5]
"Grrrrl POWAH!!!!"

A 50-something, balding, mustachioed God of WAR?

Time travel with no mention whatsoever of paradoxes?

Link Posted: 1/14/2018 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Grrrrl POWAH!!!!"

A 50-something, balding, mustachioed God of WAR?

Time travel with no mention whatsoever of paradoxes?

View Quote
What "time travel?"  Who traveled back in time? The movie was a flash back to show how Wonder Woman started. Nobody did any time traveling. Did you miss the part about her being a demi-god?
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 7:34:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought wonder woman but never finished it.

Story was just average but effects were good.

I really only kept watching to see gadot.

It bored me.

It bored my wife and children and elderly in laws.

As a reference, i never read the comic books but did watch the TV series as a pre-pubescent youngster, only because there wasn’t anything better on.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 9:08:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Areas should not have been Completely defeated.

At about this time in history the Russian Revolution started.  "You win here, for now, see you later."
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#9]
It was alright. I really thought Gal Godot was perfectly cast as WW and the girl was gorgeous in every frame she was in.

I just didn't feel any weight to the story. We knew she'd win. The bad guy was totally disposable.

DC needs to learn from Marvel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top