Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2017 11:30:50 AM EDT
A buddy was  tossing a pair of AR model 4.5 Hol and I brought them home because magnets are cool...the top speakers cones are partly gone.

worth repair , use as are or pull magnets...the bottom speakers on the  right look ok...can I have the damaged ones rebuilt and about how much...will try to send 3 pics

I have very cheap ears  so if they will still play / sound decent that's cool...thanks , Dave.

Link Posted: 6/26/2017 9:52:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Connect them to an amp and see if they play.  From the pictures, a couple of the drivers are missing dust caps.  Those are no more than a few dollars to fix.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:28:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Connect them to an amp and see if they play.  From the pictures, a couple of the drivers are missing dust caps.  Those are no more than a few dollars to fix.
View Quote
Thanks...I really did not know how to phrase my question , but dust covers for the center part of the speakers on the left sounds  right.

The guy that gave those to me said they  worked great... Will hook them up in a few minutes ...Is this something you just drop off the speakers  only at a shop and wait for a call to  pick them up... last question , if they sound good it may be just a dust cover repair and im good to go .

I can build entire houses but get stumped at stuff like this....

ETA for  Robert...grandmas house was a few blocks from War Memorial stadium  in Little Rock...heard Pig Soooiee rattle the windows as a 6 year old in 1960...Go Hogs
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 1:50:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Repair them yourself.  eBay and a dozen sites have dust caps for sale.  Simply Speakers dot com has hundreds of dust caps to choose from.  I'd email them asking what they recommend for your model.  Glue them on with Alene's Tacky Glue from Walmart.  Wait 24 hours and they will be as good as new.

I went to many Hog games at War Memorial during the 80s and 90s.  I've only been to a handful of Razorback games since moving in 2000 and none were in Little Rock.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Speakers checked out great and will order some dust caps...thanks for the help and which glue to go with.

Have a lot of family in Ark...but have lived south of Tampa from 65 on...I have a runnin feud with a whole clan of Bama fans that run  boats with me on the river

I know we won't beat Bama but boy do we give each  other a talking to before each season....all in fun....each season is new...my dad really liked games up in Fayiteville (bad spelling)...some pretty girls from ark.....
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 8:07:59 AM EDT
[#5]
When you get the dust caps in, post an update here and I will step you through the process.  It is incredibly easy.  

I haven't been to a game in Fayetteville since grad school in the early 90s.  I went to the last two Liberty Bowl games since I'm only a few miles south of there in north Mississippi.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top