Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2017 4:54:53 PM EDT
I just watched a new movie I purchased on Bluray disc. It is titled "The Girl With All the Gifts." It's about a post apocalyptic UK where a fungus that attacks and controls ants (it's a real life fungus) has mutated over into infecting humans and turns them into mindless, flesh eating mutants. Scientists at several remote bases are studying mutant children that appear normal to develop a cure to the fungus infection. The movie is similar to other UK mutant movies like "28 Days" with it's virus infected mutants over running the UK or the zombie movie "World War Z" with it's zombies attacking and infecting humans. I did prefer this movie to the "28 Days" mutant apocalypse. The titular star of the movie is an infected child who the human scientists are studying and who becomes their asset in a struggle for survival when their base falls to the mutants.

People mistakenly call mutants zombies. Movies like this one are definitely about mutants. A zombie is a deceased person who's body and brain is reanimated with only primitive, instinctual brain functions remaining. The brain and body remain dead and all the bodily organs no longer function save for rudimentary brain functioning and hearing and sight. A mutant is not dead, but, is alive and changed/mutated from a once human to whatever it currently has become. It still breathes, needs to eat (or it will die), and has all life functions operating.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top