Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2017 10:09:11 AM EDT
My son recently wanted to try out my awesome 33 rpm albums from the 70s...We found a old Toshiba turntable nib but old.

All of our receivers don't have phono jacks ....he says we need some type of phono amp...I do have a older power amp someone gave me last year.

A pyle-pro  pt-1200 power amp...we are being super cheap...will this make the turntable work ?

Thanks , Dave
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 1:39:23 PM EDT
[#1]
No you need a phono stage or phono pre-amp (both the same thing.)  

The Pyle is just an amp.  You need a pre-amp to boost the voltage from the TT (or more specifically the cartridge) to the amp.  Do you know what cartridge is on the TT (MC or MM?)  If it's MM, you should be able to get a real cheap phono stage for under 50 bux.  If it's MC, you'll need to match the mV and load from the cartridge to the phono stage.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No you need a phono stage or phono pre-amp (both the same thing.)  

The Pyle is just an amp.  You need a pre-amp to boost the voltage from the TT (or more specifically the cartridge) to the amp.  Do you know what cartridge is on the TT (MC or MM?)  If it's MM, you should be able to get a real cheap phono stage for under 50 bux.  If it's MC, you'll need to match the mV and load from the cartridge to the phono stage.
View Quote
Thank you...we are trying to do/ playing albums with as little money as possible with what we have...can go down and drop coin and make sound  anytime...but replys like this is very helpful
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top