Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2017 2:48:53 PM EDT
I love my 50" plasma Samsung, but I want bigger. I wish I could get another plasma, but I know they are no more.

TV prices have gotten so cheap that I think it's time to go bigger. I don't need or want a smart TV.
Under $1k. No Sony.

Which models should I be looking at?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I love my 50" plasma Samsung, but I want bigger. I wish I could get another plasma, but I know they are no more.

TV prices have gotten so cheap that I think it's time to go bigger. I don't need or want a smart TV.
Under $1k. No Sony.

Which models should I be looking at?
View Quote

I can't help you but I'm looking forward to an answer. I currently have a 55" samsung plasma that I love, but I want to go bigger. I HATE the led units ive seen in the past. They seem to make everything look like a video game.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I can't help you but I'm looking forward to an answer. I currently have a 55" samsung plasma that I love, but I want to go bigger. I HATE the led units ive seen in the past. They seem to make everything look like a video game.
View Quote
Were these past TV's properly calibrated?  They are sent from the factory with the settings to look good on a showroom floor not your living room.  All you need is a $25 calibration disc and about 30 minutes.  I'm the guy that is asked over for a visit whenever a new TV is purchased.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I went from a 47" Sony to a 53" Sony and I now have a 75" Sony 75XBR930C TV that is spectacular. Get a particular movie like "How the West Was Won" on blu ray and it shines. That particular movie was filmed with three cameras and projected on three screens for the Cinerama effect. On the blu ray it looks like it was filmed yesterday even though it was filmed about 1966.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Recently phased out my 50" Panasonic Plasma for a 65" Samsung 9500 series 4k. As much as I liked the plasma in 1080p, the samesung blows it away with blurays, 720p and 1080i cable source material and of course 4k sources.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top