Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2017 1:07:26 PM EDT
Mods:  If this isn't an appropriate thread, go ahead and move it to Team (Please, not GD).

Earlier this week we had almost 3 days of rain.  Of course this is the time that the sump pump decides to stop working and the basement was filled to a level of about 6" of water.

Most of the stuff was in plastic totes or on double pallets so there wasn't to much damage.

The one thing that did get wet was some home VHS tapes of our children being born, growing up the first 2 years and them with their Grandparents (who are now gone)

Is there any way to dry them out so I can at least take them to one of those places that will put them on DVD?  I would hate to lose them because of a $125 pump that didn't want to work.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]
There used to be a videotape cleaner that would wind the entire tape through some soft felt pads to remove dirt, tape particles, etc. we had several when I worked for a video store in the early 90's. don't know if they're still made, the technology kind of dropped out of production.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top