Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2017 7:40:51 PM EDT
I'm cheap I'll admit it. Not cheap to the point of buying substandard garbage but I have no issue with my second hand Knights Armaments AR15 wearing a second hand Trijicon 1-4 being used. They work just fine for me.

So I appreciate value is what I'm trying to get across. Largely Champagne taste on a beer budget.

That said we're moving into a new house with 12 foot ceilings and a large fireplace in the living room with a large space that's begging for a nice new big TV.

I'd like to have a 70" TV on a full motion mount above the above mentioned fireplace. I'd like a 4K smart TV with HDR, a full motion mount, and a decent simple sound bar. That and the fact that I have a STRICT budget of $1500 is all I know.  

The last TV I bought was a Hisense 50" strictly on price point.  Can I get what I'm looking for and not spend more than $1500? I want good but honestly I wouldn't get the benefit of "top of the line bells and whistles" all I'll be doing is watching TV and Netflix.  

I'd also appreciate a 'why' with your recommendations. Be it best value, awesome features, etc etc etc.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#1]
70" 4K HDR TV + mount + sound bar is not going to happen for $1500.

You'll be hard pressed to find just a TV for that budget.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#2]
That looks to be true. Spent a while at Best Buy yesterday and if I drop to a 65" it's no problem and can get into the midrange Samsung models. The salesman advised me to wait until June as prices should drop some along with new models coming out. I think I'll wait until June/July and see if I can get what I'm after and stay under budget.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Plenty of other good advice on the TV above.

For a 70" TV I bought this mount:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002Q9LW5K?tag=vglnk-c102-20

Great construction and uber stable. There is no discernable difference in TV stability between fully retracted and fully extended. It is plain rock solid.
On the downside, it is heavy as balls
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top