Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2017 12:39:18 AM EDT
I tried watching this movie tonight but the disk was too damaged to play.  I got to watch the first five minutes (two human character introductions) and the last two minutes or so (deaths and Ava's escape).

What was it all about?  
Why did Ava kill the guy?
Why did Ava leave the kid behind, trapped?  
What was Ava going to do?
Why did the pilot take her?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 1:20:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:42:02 AM EDT
[#2]
You didn't miss anything.  One of those "art project" kind of snoozefests.  You can google for the nudie scenes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
What was it all about?
Google guy builds super-hot self aware robot and tricks a minion into testing her out
They become self-aware and considered themselves prisoners.  They briefly touched on it in his earlier builds, they were all wanting out.
Google guy suggested she was flirting with him on purpose, he was right.  She used him as a tool to escape
Find a street corner, that's what she said she would do if she got out
Good question. They supposedly were expecting to take back the same guy, but a girl gets in and they go. Odd...  
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:59:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What was it all about?
Google guy builds super-hot self aware robot and tricks a minion into testing her out
They become self-aware and considered themselves prisoners.  They briefly touched on it in his earlier builds, they were all wanting out.
Google guy suggested she was flirting with him on purpose, he was right.  She used him as a tool to escape
Find a street corner, that's what she said she would do if she got out
Good question. They supposedly were expecting to take back the same guy, but a girl gets in and they go. Odd...  
View Quote
That right there was the point that ruined the entire movie for me. Also, it seems that even though the androids became self aware, they were no better than their human counterparts. Ava didn't seem to care about her fellow androids, just herself. And she had no compassion for the human that she tricked and left for dead (even though he helped her to escape).
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 1:28:38 AM EDT
[#5]
That was a great movie.
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That right there was the point that ruined the entire movie for me. Also, it seems that even though the androids became self aware, they were no better than their human counterparts. Ava didn't seem to care about her fellow androids, just herself. And she had no compassion for the human that she tricked and left for dead (even though he helped her to escape).
View Quote
That is the entire point of the movie--at least for me.  

Ava had a goal and the goal became a singular focus with any and all consequences be damned.  She never cared for the human to begin with because she, as you pointed out, viewed the human as an integral part of her goal.  To her, he was just a tool to be discarded (and perhaps even punished.)

Awesome movie.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I tried watching this movie tonight but the disk was too damaged to play.  I got to watch the first five minutes (two human character introductions) and the last two minutes or so (deaths and Ava's escape).

What was it all about?  
View Quote

It's about AI getting to the point of taking over.
I don't remember the names very well, but it was about a test. The AI Robot builder was testing his AI, and that the true test was whether or not you know you are talking to a robot. This test went one step further, where the younger guy KNEW he was talking to a robot, but wanted to know how he'll react to the destruction of the robot.  The younger man risked everything to save the robot's life, and in return he was imprisoned in a room with electric locks.
The robots kill the AI Robot builder, and the young man was locked into the room permanently.
The robot was going to the city I think.
The pilot was summoned to come for other reasons, perhaps it was to take them home. The pilot wasn't explained that the girlbot murdered and imprisoned anyone.
You missed a lot of erotic scenes.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 5:32:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That was a great movie.
View Quote
I thought so too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top