Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2017 3:19:06 PM EDT
I just watched Desierto, not bad but I just couldn't get over the fact that the guy kept cocking or seemed to be manually operating the action on his M1 Garand. It was distracting, it fucked up the whole movie for me. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Or is it just classic Hollywood idiocy
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 9:54:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Couldn't get the blank adaptor to work, probably.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:32:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I just watched Desierto, not bad but I just couldn't get over the fact that the guy kept cocking or seemed to be manually operating the action on his M1 Garand. It was distracting, it fucked up the whole movie for me. Does anyone have an explanation for this? Or is it just classic Hollywood idiocy
View Quote

I haven't seen this movie and the Blu Ray cover looked interesting with Jeffrey Dean Morgan. But, the synopsis sounded like a biased movie in favor of illegal aliens and trying to make Americans look like psychotic bigots. I haven't seen the movie, so I'm just going by the synopsis. And, from what I read, it's not a "Hollywood" movie. It appears to be one of those "Independent" films that was not made by "Hollywood" producers. If the main character was using an M1 Garand and kept working the bolt manually, then that sounds like either a problem with the technical crew that provided the rifle for the film (not knowing that the rifle is a semi-auto?) or he was using subsonic rounds that weren't enough to cycle the bolt group. The cover poster that I saw looked like Jeffrey Dean Morgan was holding a bolt action rifle with a scope. Who knows? As I said, I haven't seen this movie.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Messed up looking garand.  Maybe because if Mexico?

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:33:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Yeah I was a bit perplexed by it at first. 

My god! In that second pic the scope looks totally out of alignment
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:04:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm rooting for Negan on this one
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 9:25:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Is that the new Beowulf Y???

Link Posted: 5/25/2017 10:47:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Made by Mexicans for a specific audience.

Borders are RACIST is the point the makers are pushing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:49:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Scope is pointing way downward and tilted ridiculously about  45 degrees
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 2:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Scope is pointing way downward and tilted ridiculously about  45 degrees
View Quote
300 MOA scope, for those 90000 yard shots...
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 1:17:30 AM EDT
[#10]

That pic alone ensures I will never watch the movie.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:21:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm rooting for Negan on this one
View Quote
I am too. I read the synopsis for the Bluray disc of this movie because I like Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Unfortunately, they make it sound like he is playing an evil, psychotic Negan type character who is hunting down to kill some poor, unarmed illegal aliens who are only trying to find a better life in the US.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 11:44:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like he reused a prop from the walking dead
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:05:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Watching it right now. Cool how Negan's dog can jump into the truck through the open window with the door closed. Treating that rifle like a bolt action is annoying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top