Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2017 8:22:00 PM EDT
I have two PCs for gaming, that are nearly identical.  PC#1 is typically connected to my bigscreen, and PC#2 is connected to a 27" monitor that gets moved around the room quite a bit.  We will set it on the coffee table or another table, etc...  so my wife and I can kick it on the couch and play co-op games together.

But sometimes I switch it up.  Sometimes it's just me and I want to play PC#1 on the small screen, while my wife watches TV on the bigscreen, or similar.  Sometimes I want both monitors connected to the same PC so I can work on two screens.

I'm constantly reaching behind the PCs to re-arrange the cables.

What I need is something like a splitter... but it's a splitter for both Input and Output.  Everything I've found so far that has multiple inputs and outputs simply lets you pick which input to use, and it just sends that one input to all the outputs the same.  I need something that will let me pick Input 1 goes to Output 3, and Input 2 goes to Output 4.  Like I called it above... a switchboard.. to move the signal from one input to any given output, while another input goes to one of the other outputs.  All in one switching unit.

Do you guys know of anything like that?
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:28:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that an HDMI matrix switcher would do what you're looking for.

They come in different configurations and price levels.

One example:

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011310&p_id=5704&seq=1&format=2
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 4x1 Monoprice switcher and it works fantastically.

Be warned though, some models (like mine) have LEDs bright enough to be nightlights.
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for the feedback
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 7:54:53 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of signal loss do you guys think I can expect through something like that?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 5:18:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What kind of signal loss do you guys think I can expect through something like that?
View Quote
The monoprice HDMI switches are really good.  I have two of them and never had any issues with either of them.

However, both of them are 1080P switches with a max bandwidth of like 7Mbps.  I don't have any experience with their high speed switches as I use the HDMI section in the Marantz for 4K HDR duties.  I do know the one I have will pass 3D without issue.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:01:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I've been using the older version of that switch for a few years now.  I haven't noticed any difference in the picture when I connect the projector directly to the source.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top