Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2017 6:04:20 PM EDT
I clicked on one of those slide show thingies entitled, "17 Best Films Coming In 2017".

Let me tell you, if those films are the best they have to offer for 2017, thisw may be Hollywood's worst box office year ever.

I want to see Alien: Covenant but did not like anything else I saw listed there.  What films are you looking forward to seeing in theaters in 2017?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't often go to the theater much. I mainly order Bluray and 4K UHD discs of movies that look promising. I am currently waiting for the release of "The Arrival" with Jeremy Renner, "John Wick 2" on 4K, and I just received "Jack Reacher: Never Go Back" 4K. My 75" Sony 4K tv in the comfort of my home is more enjoyable/convenient for me than going out to the theater.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:58:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Holding out hope for The Dark Tower!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:39:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I see quite a few that Im looking forward to.  

Kong
Alien
Dunkirk
Ghost in the Shell
Star Wars
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Pirates of the Caribbean
Blade Runner
War for the Planted of the Apes
World War Z 2

Although I admit, Im not 'hard' on movies.  I get it's expensive and all that, but at the end of the day Im just looking for some release form RL and cheap entertainment.  That and Im a home cinema junkie/hobbyist.  And this should be a big year for UHD/HDR and object-oriented sound like Atmos/DTS X.

ETA oh yeah I forgot about Dark Tower.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:19:47 PM EDT
[#4]
John Wick 2 opens next week and is high on my list of movies to see.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a good long list, Quick2k3, more than I'll ever manage to see in a theater.

Liquidmetal, I'll go watch the Wick 2 trailer.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:25:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Thoughts on the movie, "Life"?
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thoughts on the movie, "Life"?
View Quote
Unless Hitlery gets it I'm not interested.
Yes, I saw a couple of previews.
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:33:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I clicked on one of those slide show thingies entitled, "17 Best Films Coming In 2017".

Let me tell you, if those films are the best they have to offer for 2017, thisw may be Hollywood's worst box office year ever.

I want to see Alien: Covenant but did not like anything else I saw listed there.  What films are you looking forward to seeing in theaters in 2017?
View Quote
Star Wars
Link Posted: 2/16/2017 12:39:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Movies I will pay money to see in the theater this year are Alien Covenant, Ghost in the Shell, Guardians 2, Dunkirk, Blade Runner 2049 and the new Star Wars.

And I'll most likely get through Netflix eventually are Thor 3, Jerstice Lerg (to see if Warner can manage the trifecta), Trainspotting 2 and Cars 3.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#10]
These upcoming 2017 movies look interesting:

Jeepers Creepers III  
Renegades  Navy Seals  
Soldado    sequel to "Sicario"    Soldado
6 Days    6 Days
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Already saw John Wick 2 and I liked it, though not as much as the first movie.  Want to see Kong: Skull Island, but I'll probably wait till home video.
Can't wait to see GOTG 2, Spider-Man Homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok.
Also will see Star Wars: The Last Jedi, though the trailer didn't excite me much.
Will also wind up seeing Justice League, though I have large trepidations about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top