Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2017 8:03:32 AM EDT
Can't find my old post.
Anyway, are there some small or bookshelf type speakers that can handle some pretty crazy metal without taking a dump?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Bose acoustimass, decent for the price IMO.
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#2]
How small? Bookshelf size or you talking small cubes?
Link Posted: 1/13/2017 9:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on budget.

But I have 3 bookshelves that I really like.

RSL CG4s.  These speakers are amazing for the money.  They could easily sell for 2 or 3 times their price.  And the guys at RSL (Roger and his son) are always accessible by phone for help/assistance.  (The CG3s were just released but I haven't personally heard them yet.  They are considerably cheaper than the 4s.)

Elac UB5s would be another option in this price range.

But if you can swing the extra green, GoldenEar Aon 3s.  They are incredible speakers that can keep up with most floor standing speakers.   I have (4) Aon 3s that I used as surrounds in my 7.1 setup.  But they absolutely crush it with multichannel music (5.1 and quad.)  

When I demo'd them, I did so in a 2 channel setup and was absolutely mesmerized by their sound.  I demo'd them with  Floyd and Maiden.  I see no reason they can't handle the heavy lifting of most metal tracks.  

One thing I'll say on any of the bookshelf speakers Ive demo'd or have.  They sound best wide apart and away from the wall.  If you stuff the bookshelfs in, well, a bookshelf or up against the wall--the sound will suffer.  If you pull them away from wall by about a foot or more, they sound/imaging really opens up.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Your budget?

NHT Classic 3s.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top