Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2016 2:04:15 PM EDT
My Onkyo receiver died, it's only about 7-8 years old I think. First one channel was intermittent and now both are bad. It's not something obvious,  there is output but it's erratic and unpredictable.  As I turn up the volume there is nothing, then suddenly it cracks and comes on very loud. It's sort of like a scratchy analog potentiometer, but I know it's not that.  So I need to replace it.

I don't need a 5 channel home theater receiver, just two channel stereo.  I don't need a tuner, just a preamp and amplifier.  But I want to be able to insert an external equalizer into the loop.  And I want 100w/channel or close to it.

I've searched and see integrated amps, but it's unclear if they have provisions for an external loop.
Anyone have recommendations here?   (If I can find a home theater receiver that meets these basic needs and is cheaper than an integrated amp I'm open to it. But I haven't seen any.)

Any idea?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2016 2:42:54 AM EDT
[#1]
One name keeps coming into my head - DENON.  DENON no longer makes them???

NAD C 316BEE, 326BEE - both have tape loops

Go to Crutchfield and look over the integrated amplifiers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top