Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2016 6:59:46 PM EDT
I would like to start collecting, but have no idea who the shady folks are, what to look for, and pricing.  I want to slowly purchase items that I will enjoy, in different genres (Noir, Western, Mystery), and will replace some reprints I currently have on order.  Ideas on the type I should focus on (more art based, or focus on main characters) would be great to hear as well.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Eric  

Link Posted: 11/30/2016 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know if they qualify as vintage, but in the early 80's I made regular rounds of video stores and theaters getting their old posters.
I've got a couple of suit cases full of everything from full size (Scarface on my office wall) to video store promotional posters of all sizes.
I have a full size Close Encounters poster out to get framed at this time. Some of the stuff I have is probably worth some $$.
Of course, this post was no help to OP!
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#2]
It was helpful.  Helpful in reminding me that I should have started my search back in Los Angeles where I used to live, not while I'm here in Idaho!  

I used to get music posters like that, even getting some from the guys who would post them around town.  I wish I thought of this back in the 70's when I was a kid!

Eric  
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:28:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to collect movie poster back when I was in my 20's (30 years ago). There was a local shop that sold movie poster for about $10-$20 each back then. I still have a lot of them. I also found some mail order companies that sold movie posters and lobby cards. I found them through ads in magazines like "American Cinematographer." I have a bunch of old Bruce Lee movie posters as well as a few old monster movie posters. Check out the cinematographer and movie magazines for ads. Happy Hunting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top