Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2016 5:41:46 PM EDT
Epic failure, or decent? The preview doesn't look half bad, but we've all been fooled before.

Split

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Yet another epic fucking failure.  I've given up hope that he can ever deliver the goods.  Certainly not going to gamble on paying to see it in the theater.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't even know what it is, and I'm confident that it's retarded.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:52:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I ain't fallin' for it....
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I bet James Mcavoy had a blast making that.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Certainly not going to gamble on paying to see it in the theater.
View Quote

I concur, I won't be going to see this in the theater.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#6]
So...Identity redux.

The "twist" is going to be there is only one actor in the entire movie, every character, including the captured girls, are personalities on the single person.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So...Identity redux.

The "twist" is going to be there I sonly one actor in the entire movie, every character, including the captured girls, are personalities on the single person.
View Quote

lol that would actually be kinda interesting.
Link Posted: 10/19/2016 12:47:04 AM EDT
[#8]
His last movie (the one where the girl was in an oven) wasn't that bad, so I've got hopes the new one will deliver the goods.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:18:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I just actively avoid anything he's involved with. Free or not, I just pass, and would rather watch just about anything else. He's a hack's hack.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#10]
What was the movie about the evil elevator?  Devil. When the trailer for the that read "From the mind of M. Night Shamalan" the audience in the theater I was in groaned.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 12:05:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Unbreakable and Signs were enough for me.
View Quote

You're crazy.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:36:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So...Identity redux.

The "twist" is going to be there is only one actor in the entire movie, every character, including the captured girls, are personalities on the single person.
View Quote

Ugh! I would hope not. But, sounds about right.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:52:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

He's fooled me several times, so no.
Link Posted: 12/17/2016 12:57:18 AM EDT
[#15]
he was dead the whole time!
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So...Identity redux.

View Quote

My wife is famous for spoiling movie endings for me halfway into the movie sometimes sooner. She just says, "I know how this is going to end," and then tells me her theory which is correct most of the time.

She thinks the twist in this movie is that the "beast" isn't a personality - that he is actually a monster.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#17]
January release date is all you need to know.

Studios don't typically put their best and brightest in the January slot... it is seen as a dumping ground for a reason (because it is).

The true twist of M Night Shyamalan movies is the mystery of how he keeps getting work / funding.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#18]
How the hell did this movie make $40 mil it's opening weekend?
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:16:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How the hell did this movie make $40 mil it's opening weekend?
View Quote

Please son. Did you even watch it?
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Please son. Did you even watch it?
View Quote

Like I said in my OP the preview didn't look half bad, but I didn't think it would gross that much considering his reputation for stinkers lately. I haven't heard any feed back personally on the flick, so I can't make an honest call on it yet. My current work schedule has kept me from seeing movies as frequently as a year ago. I've seen most of his previous movies, so I'm not in a hurry to waste money on another one.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Like I said in my OP the preview didn't look half bad, but I didn't think it would gross that much considering his reputation for stinkers lately. I haven't heard any feed back personally on the flick, so I can't make an honest call on it yet. My current work schedule has kept me from seeing movies as frequently as a year ago. I've seen most of his previous movies, so I'm not in a hurry to waste money on another one.
View Quote

Alright well, you got to find some time for cinema in your life in regards to work. If you don't watch this masterpiece (if I may say so) in your spare time, go meditate, enjoy Pho, run 10 miles. Just do something, because Shyamalamadingdong roots for you.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Watched it last night finally.  

We all enjoyed it.  James McAvoy did an incredible job.  And I didn't see the ending diner scene coming but loved the tie in.  Thumbs up.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 2:07:14 AM EDT
[#23]
What character did M Night play? Was it stilted and jarring like always?
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I heard about the twist spoiler.  Went and saw it because of the twist.  As a stand alone movie, I thought it was decent.  Waiting for when the twist to come, what I was told was partially true, and ending was like any other "horror" like movie, but revealing everything at the end.  Loved it.  Don't want to spoil it for others to develop their own opinion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top