Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2016 12:15:37 PM EDT
Here is my situation.  

I am involved with a Fourth of July party every year that is fairly large. I have a license for fireworks so the fireworks display is a commercial grade fireworks display and next year it will be a pyromusical with the fireworks choreographed to music.   Because of this, I need a set of speakers to run music during the display and probably during the rest of the party. It looks like the best option for me would be a set of inexpensive powered PA speakers with stands.  We have looked into renting them but it appears that most rental companies have really really cruddy speakers and still want 30-50% of the price to buy the speakers just to rent them for one day.  

Since we plan on using these year after year, it makes financial sense to buy a set.   These would be babied and would only be used probably 1 to 3 times a year.  I know you get what you pay for as far as sound quality and durability and that the cheaper ones can't hold up to the abuse that the more expensive ones can take. However, I was really looking at some options and talking other people that have done similar things and was hoping to stay in the under $350 street price category.   For example, one guy that uses these for the same purpose as we will has a set of Rockville RPG122k  powered PA speakers complete with stands and a microphone.   You can find those for sale for $229 for the set.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 6:11:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I DJ 4H camps 3 weeks out of the year as well as friends and families events (4 weddings and a charity walk this year). This year I switched over to the Rockville SPGN 12s and 15s. So far, they have been great! Are they Mackies, JBL, and so on.. no. But than again, for their price, I didn't expect them to be. They have great sound for the price, have been durable (drop one off my tailgate...), and they didn't break the bank.  

For what you are wanting them for, I think you will be pleased.

*Note, I have no experience with the active speakers they offer, only the passive. But with regards to the build quality, and sound mine have, I would recommend.*
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top