Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/2/2016 4:32:23 PM EDT
I've been reading up on this a little, but I keep getting bogged down in the negative reviews for various converters.

Any opinions here on the best-for-the-money converters?  Principally home movies and a Mac based home computer system.

Price is not necessarily the most important factor, but I don't want to spend too much for a converter that doesn't work properly.

I'd probably go up in price for the right equipment, but not hundreds of dollars.

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 2:55:42 AM EDT
[#1]
My camera will output the video and audio at the highest possible resolution.  

I patch this into the PC via the Firewire inputs on the PC.  I don't recall if this is an interface on the motherboard or the video card.

The camera's software (and even Windows software) will read the incoming data, store it on disk in compatible format and allow editing the video and audio.

The software will also recode the data and store it as *.avi, *.mpg or any other video format.  

Once stored in a compatible format, you can burn it to DVD or Bluray disk and play on your disk player.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top