Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2016 11:16:28 PM EDT
I finally got away from Dish sat TV and now have Netflix which is good enough for me but the wife is looking for more choices.  Which is better the Firestick or Roku? I'm still trying to figure out also if the Amazon Prime is way to go.  

What do you guys recommend, what do you use and what are you paying monthly if you have Prime?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:27:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak for the firestick but I love the Roku. Plenty of options on there. We have Netflix and Amazon Prime ($99/year) but we rarely use Prime for tv over Netflix. I use Prime for music and "2 day shipping".
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Fire stick works just fine.  Roku 4 has a noisy fan and doesn't support downcoding Dolby digital + to DD 5.1, unlike Firetv or AppleTV.  I've had a Roku 3, Roku 4 (for one day), AppleTV 4th Gen, and fire stick.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:34:58 PM EDT
[#3]
We have two firesticks and a fireTV. The fireTV does work better but I could live with the firestick alone.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 1:42:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I had Roku, FireTV Stick, and Chromecast - ditched FireTV. I use Chromecast to send web stuff and remote apps to the big screen. Roku gets my Amazon Prime video up there, as well as Netflix and Hulu before I cancelled those two.

FireTV wasn't bad - just didn't do anything my other stuff didn't, and couldn't do what the Chromecast did for putting general web content up on the big screen easily.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top