Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2016 10:02:27 PM EDT
Currently using my PS3 for a blu ray player, but want to keep the time off of it.

Looking for a budget, no frills blu ray player.   No wifi, no nothing.    Plop a blu ray disc in and that's it.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they're all pretty generic these days.

decide what features you want and choose accordingly.

the last budget player I looked for, I wanted a open/close button on the remote (some don't have this)

I didn't care if there was a time display on the player, hookups were kosher so I went with a cheap Sony for about $80 a few years ago.
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Is there a reason you want to keep hours off the PS3? The BR player in it is exceptional and you can score used systems for about what you'll pay for a new BR player these days. It's not the current generation for the platform so prices have dropped.

Link Posted: 8/19/2016 3:03:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Sony 4K upscaling high end jobby, and it was like 90 bucks.

Blu-ray players are cheap.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Forgot I had a bunch of Sony Visa points, so ended up getting the Sony BDP-S6700.   Ordered it mid last week and got it Friday.   Impressed with how fast they got it to me.

Now just waiting for the adapter gizmo to show up so I can plumb it into my receiver.   Still rockin' a dinosaur Yamaha processor and it does not have HDMI inputs.

Thanks for the help!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top