Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2016 8:45:06 PM EDT
I'm in the market for a new AV Receiver/Amp due to being unable to hook up my new LG Super UHD TV 4K through my old Sansui Receiver. Figured I'd turn to you guys to help point me in the right direction. My wants are a 5.1 Amp that I could still play in stereo configuration and Rock my JBL 150's when the urge hits.

Features/Wants

5.1 Configuration (As I have no plans to ever do a 7.1 system)
Must be Compatible in Stereo Configuration (With a decent amount of power to Rock my Old School JBL 150's)
high-speed HDMI pass-thru
Dual Sub out put
NO ATMOS capability (I feel it's the latest gimmick)

I'd like to be in a price range of around $700, give or take a little..... I've never owned a true AV Receiver, as all my experience is with old school Home Audio equipment and I'm hoping I don't have to sacrifice the SQ of what I had.

Suggestion.....
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 11:41:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm in the market for a new AV Receiver/Amp due to being unable to hook up my new LG Super UHD TV 4K through my old Sansui Receiver. Figured I'd turn to you guys to help point me in the right direction. My wants are a 5.1 Amp that I could still play in stereo configuration and Rock my JBL 150's when the urge hits.

Features/Wants

5.1 Configuration (As I have no plans to ever do a 7.1 system)
Must be Compatible in Stereo Configuration (With a decent amount of power to Rock my Old School JBL 150's)
high-speed HDMI pass-thru
Dual Sub out put
NO ATMOS capability (I feel it's the latest gimmick)

I'd like to be in a price range of around $700, give or take a little..... I've never owned a true AV Receiver, as all my experience is with old school Home Audio equipment and I'm hoping I don't have to sacrifice the SQ of what I had.

Suggestion.....
View Quote

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_580TXN646/Onkyo-TX-NR646.html?tp=179
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 11:18:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Onkyo RZ900 refurbished.  The 900 is last years model, the 910 is this years model. The RZ's have a larger power supply than the TX series.
http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/onktxrz900/onkyo-tx-rz900-7.2-ch-x-140-watts-networking-a/v-receiver-bonus-hdmi-cables-100-value/1.html

You can look at refurbished two ways. You can save some cash, or get more features / power  for your same budget.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Any decent receiver from Denon.  Get an Atmos receiver even if you have no need to run it immediately.  I'm running a 7.2.4 setup and it's really good.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top