Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2016 10:35:40 AM EDT
So I found my old deployment hard drive with thousands of movies on it. When I recovered the data they lost the Titles and all have numbers for titles.

Is there any program out there that can find out what movie the file is and update the title? I don't want to manually go through all of these movies.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I found my old deployment hard drive with thousands of movies on it. When I recovered the data they lost the Titles and all have numbers for titles.

Is there any program out there that can find out what movie the file is and update the title? I don't want to manually go through all of these movies.
View Quote

Tag

Beats me.  Most of my collection was caught up until the "Great Hard Drive Crash of 2016"
I recovered most of the collection from a backup drive but two or three hundred need to be renamed.
I've been doing it one at a time.  A little bit every day.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
If there is a program that does that, I need to know because the same thing happened with my homework hard drive.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]
If enabled, Windows Media Player will search the internet for info on each movie when you try to play it.  I'm not sure, but there may be a way it can search for info on your entire library.

If the movies were pirated in the first place, this might not be a good idea.  Thousands of pirated movies might be cause for an investigation.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]
filebot www.filebot.net
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top