Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2016 2:50:24 AM EDT
Like many new TV's being sold, I grew tired of the shitty sound that came from the horrible speakers that they put on new TV's. So, I shopped around a bit, and I wanted to get something that didn't blow my budget of less than $200.00. I bought the Vizio SB3821-C6 without even listening to it, I hoped I wouldn't have to return it, and was  pleasantly surprised how amazing this thing performs. It isn't as advanced as a Bose, or other higher end sound systems, but the bass hits hard, and is much louder than I expected. At night I have to turn the bass all the way down, or it'll wake up the house. The clarity of high notes makes you think you have a true 5.1 system. For under $160.00 (less tax), I find it to be one of those values that you just don't find that often anymore.

I just thought I'd share my solution to a problem I faced when I got my big screen TV home, only to realize it sounds like the proverbial tin can sound. I highly recommend this sound bar, also it really made me smile when I turned it up and listened to some music from my cellphone via Bluetooth. They make a bigger, better version, but for around $150.00, I think you'd be hard pressed to pass it up.

Costco is $149.00, Walmart is $158.00. Shop around, it's a 2015 model so the price can vary a bit.

https://www.vizio.com/sb3821c6.html

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
My vizio bar pisses me off because it auto-powers down after only 10 minutes or so of no sound, and there is no way to disable it.

All my audio is over HDMI so my path is

roku -> sound bar -> projector

and when the sound bar powers down, the projector picks up on it and also powers down

obnoxious

Link Posted: 7/15/2016 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My vizio bar pisses me off because it auto-powers down after only 10 minutes or so of no sound, and there is no way to disable it.

All my audio is over HDMI so my path is

roku -> sound bar -> projector

and when the sound bar powers down, the projector picks up on it and also powers down

obnoxious

View Quote
Mine did this too, I  searched the forums, and found the fix. I'll try to find it for you. It will auto shut down if there is no sound for a set period of time. You might want to check all of the cable, to make sure they are pushed in all of the ay.

Here it is: "Press and hold the Power and Vol + buttons on the Sound Bar for 5 seconds."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top