Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2016 9:24:03 PM EDT
It looks like I am going to have to keep Directv because I have Uverse(I am too far out to get Uverse cable). So, no streaming TV even though I currently use Netflix.

So, first question - Does the wireless system from Directv work decent?

I also want to get rid of cables at my living room TV area from the theater system and speakers(that I have never been able to sync to work when just the TV is on).

Other than the directv system, I am imagining that I will likely need:
-smart TV(I currently have a 7+ yo 50" Samsung LED)
-wireless sound bar
-wireless Blu-ray

Does this sound reasonable? How does(or will) it all work together?

Two things to keep in mind:
-I am a cheap SOB
-Seeing as how I now wear glasses and the constant ringing in my ears, I don't have highly refined senses for needing the "best" electronics(ie- I am not a electronics snob)

With the first point above, I am thinking about a 50-55" vizio TV. All together, I would like to spend less than $1k(approx. $650-TV, $250-sound, $100-bluray), but am willing to go a little higher for better quality.
Is this realistic to get what I need to get rid of the wires?
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Learn how to bundle and route wiring.  Even wireless speakers need a power cord, as do all the other gizmos.  

You will be $1k ahead and get better performance, you cheap SOB!  
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 6:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
How dare you ruin my dreams!!

I realize I can't get rid of all cords, but I swear Tarzan could swing through my house on them.

Even "some" better is better.

I will agree you are right, though. It doesn't hurt that I had a bad case of piss poor planning when building the house when it comes to Audio/Video.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top