Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2016 12:07:43 PM EDT
I have about a 5 year old Panasonic plasma TV. It's worked flawlessly, up until this weekend. Saturday night, my wife watched some shows on our Fire Stick; no problems.

Sunday night we tried using it to watch GoT, and when it came on the resolution/aspect ration were completely off. You could only see the middle portion of the menu, the left and right sides were mostly off-screen. I went through all the resolution settings on the Stick and none of them changed anything at all. Reset the Stick a few times, TV on/off several times, reset Stick to factory and reinstall everything - none of it helped.

I finally went upstairs and grabbed the other Stick and plugged it in, thinking the downstairs Stick was fubar. 2nd Stick has the same issue.  

So I unplugged one of the other devices and switched the Stick to that port, and everything works fine.

I assume the original port is the culprit. Does anyone know if they are repairable, or is it something on the motherboard or what? Can I look forward to the other ports failing in turn?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top