Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2016 11:03:47 PM EDT
I just got these vintage Utah speakers from my brother. I think they are Heritage HS1-Cs.

They have been passed around the family for years. Now i'm getting into vintage stuff. It's just cool looking.

I know it will never outdo newer hi priced stuff but i'm happy enough.

Utah speakers

Size comparison . I think they're around 24 inches tall. 12" woofers, midrange and a horn tweeter

Inside

Back

Crossover

Now here's what i really want  But they seem to be expensive , at least around here

Right now i have an 80's black face Pioneer running these . But i love the brushed aluminum look .
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:02:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
View Quote

Consumer audio has been taken over by subs and stats.  My guess is you speakers will out-perform any comparable modern sub/sat system.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Consumer audio has been taken over by subs and stats.  My guess is you speakers will out-perform any comparable modern sub/sat system.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does sound pretty good .  It kinda overkill for a garage stereo but i need to hear it over the table saw
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#3]
My brother has that same Marantz receiver, he got it when I was 8 or 10 years old, I am 46 now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My brother has that same Marantz receiver, he got it when I was 8 or 10 years old, I am 46 now.
View Quote

If it's in really good shape, it's worth  quite a bit of money ,according to ebay and audiokarma.org

I wish i could find one cheap !
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 12:37:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Not really vintage but I run a Carver A-753x amp (250 watts x 3 channels) on the front 3 speakers of my home theater setup.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:08:05 AM EDT
[#6]
If any has vintage stuff ,please post pics. I would love to see them.

I looked up the Carver amp. That looks cool !
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:21:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Any interest in a really great condition Sansui AU 717? I have one that I have owned for many years and it sounds awesome but like everything else, it got replaced by something more modern. I truly have only fired it up now and then since the 80s just to hear that warmth that you just cannot duplicate with anything new.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:48:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any interest in a really great condition Sansui AU 717? I have one that I have owned for many years and it sounds awesome but like everything else, it got replaced by something more modern. I truly have only fired it up now and then since the 80s just to hear that warmth that you just cannot duplicate with anything new.
View Quote

I just looked that up. There's one on ebay right now for almost 800.00 !

Sansui AU 717 on ebay
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 4:17:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sansui AU 717 on ebay
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sansui AU 717 on ebay

I know that this isn't EE but I have always wanted for someone to have it that would really enjoy it. Message me if anyone wants a killer deal on it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:35:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I went to an estate auction and got all of these for 85.00. How did i do ?

All of them date to 1979--1980 models. I am guessing the formers owners got everything at one time.

Link Posted: 5/16/2016 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#11]
This thread is relevant to my interests.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top