Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2016 1:14:23 AM EDT
I like going to a decent theater, really.  The thing is, in all of last year, there were only two movies that had me wanting to go to the theater - Star Wars and Spectre.  Even at that, only Star Wars actually drew me in (I recently watched Spectre on DVD).  .

What's coming up that is worth going out to the movies?
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 7:48:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Captain America:  Civil War

Link Posted: 3/28/2016 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#2]
May 6 - Captain America: Civil War

May 27 - X-Men: Apocalypse

July 22 - Star Trek Beyond

July 29 - Jason Bourne

October 21 - Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

November 18 - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

December 16 - Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 1:47:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I go to a lot of movies.  That said, we probably only get 60% of the releases.  I wish we had a nice theater here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Is Star Trek: Beyond a cartoon?
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 11:37:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Zootopia

Was expecting a decent film and was really impressed.  One of the best cop-buddy films I've ever seen.

Think '48 Hours' as a family film.

ETA:  Don't take my word for it.  ARFCOM Discussion Thread in GD
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 5:58:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

July 29 - Jason Bourne

View Quote

Didn't realize they were making another!!!  I've read the whole book series and was hoping they'd make more.  While Tom Cruise definitely doesn't fit the build of Reacher, he played the role quite well in my eyes.
Link Posted: 4/3/2016 2:30:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Zootopia

Was expecting a decent film and was really impressed.  One of the best cop-buddy films I've ever seen.

Think '48 Hours' as a family film.

ETA:  Don't take my word for it.  ARFCOM Discussion Thread in GD
View Quote

On the surface it is a good kids movie. Just don't look too deep or the BLM propaganda that permeates the plot will get you angry.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw what was playing near me this weekend.

out of

So I went to the nearest Public Library and borrowed a book.  Really.  I'll finish World War Z sometime tomorrow afternoon.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:42:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Suicide Squad - yes (it's the blonde who makes it all work)

X-Men, Batman, Superman,  - hmmm...???  Not sure.  I am burning out on Marvel and DC superheroes.

Fantastic Beasts - yes

Tarzan - BTDT but yes

Star Trek - yes
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

July 29 - Jason Bourne

View Quote
All of this.

And I will add:

November 4th - Doctor Strange

I'm not too excited yet with the little I have seen in the trailer, and I never read any of the Doctor Strange comics, but I haven't been let down yet by the MCU so I will see it in the theater.

Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:26:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Come on people DAWN OF JUSTICE was amazing. every movie lover should go and see it
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 1:11:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Add this one to the summer movie list -

CAPTAIN FANTASTIC

Viggo Mortensen
Frank Langella
Hippy school bus

What's not to like.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2016 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#13]
A new, more "normal" trailer for Star Trek: Beyond has been released.  Heck, I liked the other, too.  This could be a good flick.

RIP to Anton Yelchin (Pavel Chekov).  You were great!

The following is from BBC News:

JJ Abrams, who directed Yelchin in the first two Star Trek films, paid tribute on Twitter saying he was "brilliant".

"You were kind. You were funny as hell, and supremely talented. And you weren't here nearly long enough. Missing you," he wrote.

Yelchin played Pavel Chekov, the role originally made famous by Walter Koenig, in the rebooted Star Trek films released in 2009 and 2013.

He reprised the role in a third film, Star Trek Beyond, which is due for release next month.

Justin Lin, who directed Star Trek Beyond, said: "Still in shock. Rest in peace, Anton. Your passion and enthusiasm will live on with everyone that had the pleasure of knowing you."

Zachary Quinto, who plays Spock in the franchise, wrote on Instagram: "Our dear friend. Our comrade. Our Anton.

"One of the most open and intellectually curious people I have ever had the pleasure to know. So enormously talented and generous of heart. Wise beyond his years. And gone before his time. All love and strength to his family at this impossible time of grief."

Fellow Star Trek actor John Cho, who plays Sulu, tweeted: "I loved Anton Yelchin so much. He was a true artist - curious, beautiful, courageous. He was a great pal and a great son. I'm in ruins."

Original Star Trek actor William Shatner also tweeted: "Sad news for such a talented young man."

How It Happened

LA police told CBS News the county coroner's office "concluded that Yelchin's death was an accident" caused by "blunt traumatic asphyxia".

Police also told the broadcaster the vehicle involved was a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee and it appeared Yelchin had not properly put the car in park mode.

CBS reported last month the government National Highway Traffic Safety Administration was investigating the model over its "e-shift" transmission, amid reports of crashes linked to possible confusion over whether the vehicle had been put into park.

Link Posted: 7/9/2016 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#14]
It is the middle of the summer.  This is prime time for movies.

There is NOTHING to go see.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

July 29 - Jason Bourne

View Quote

Better cross Jason Bourne off the list due to Matt Damon's comments about firearms.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 3:10:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I went to see Star Trek last weekend.  I thought it was much better than the professional reviewer thought.  <-- no surprise there.

I'm going to go see Suicide Squad next weekend, if for no other reason than to see Margot Robbie but it also looks to be a humorous movie.  Humor is good..
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 7:50:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Check out Bad Moms.  It was better than I thought.

Just wait until you get to the part where Mila is explaining Entitlements to her son.  That was worth paying admission for.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:45:13 AM EDT
[#18]
The Legend of Tarzan better than what I was expecting.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:59:22 AM EDT
[#19]
I want to see hell or high water. Jeff Bridges has been pretty damn good lately.

Last movie I saw in the theater was the Revnant.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#20]
I want to see Sausage Party.  The SJWs are shrieking about it so it must be OK.
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I went to Suicide Squad.  I went for Margot Robbie.  She did not disappoint.  I liked the others, too.  Overall, the movie was both funny and entertaining.

The theater screened it in well done 3D with truly awesome sound, it was clean, had reserved seating, and decent popcorn.  Your home theater is NOT as good as that theater.

I may go see it again.  Then again, I've always liked Tarzan movies (Johnny Weismuller and the others).
Link Posted: 10/18/2016 10:36:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Upcoming movies I'd like to see -

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Rogue One

Hacksaw Ridge (?)

Doctor Strange (a maybe)

How about you?
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 3:25:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I know I'm officially moved into being an old man when I look at the trailers for most movies and think, "Well, that looks like it's going to suck ass!" over and over again. Last movie I paid for was Godzilla in 2014 and was very disappointed. Since then, I've seen copies uploaded to youtube of Star Wars, Jurassic World, Suicide Squad and a couple others, and they all were...meh,or worse. Some of these movies are bad to the point I don't understand how the studio allowed them out the door in the form they were released. But then again, I've thought that way about a lot of the stinkers I've seen over my 60 years.

Old man ran off...
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:33:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I am still looking forward to this one:

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#25]
The Accountant
8/10

good hardware display at the end...good sounds too

matinee...share a small popcorn or sneak a candy bar type of movie
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eCdgsoHm7E
View Quote

I entered the tread intending to respond to the OP with "there ain't no good movies, it's all garbage, etc.."

But that looks neat.  Especially the line about "weapons" vs "tools" considering we're on arfcom.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Hacksaw Ridge is the one I'll see on the big screen. Fist week of Nov.

The wife and I took our adult sons to see the last Star Wars since we saw the first one with them back in the dark ages.  By the time I had to sit through about seven previews all turned up to 11 on the speakers, I was ready to leave. Louder doesn't make the movies better.
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 1:28:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eCdgsoHm7E
View Quote

Looks like it could be a little slow and awkward.  Hope I'm wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top