Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2016 4:59:17 PM EDT
Nobody is talking about this show?

I'm about 5 episodes into season 2 now and it's still awesome.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't realize season two was out. Something to watch later today and this week. First season was great.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't read the comics so I'm not sure if D'onofrio's horrible over acting is just bad, or how the character is. Seems way over the top, but then again it's a superhero show so, who knows.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't read the comics so I'm not sure if D'onofrio's horrible over acting is just bad, or how the character is. Seems way over the top, but then again it's a superhero show so, who knows.
View Quote

I think his overacting was good for this role. I have found him, in some roles, to be annoying. There are times in this show it's a little much but I think the pace and timing is what keeps it from being overwhelming.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 3:15:27 AM EDT
[#4]
There's a GD thread going about it.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. The entire cast does a great job.
And I think D'onofrio's acting fits Kingpin perfectly. He is supposed to be over the top, larger than life.

I had worried that Jon Bernthal might not quite fit as The Punisher, but I'm glad to admit I was wrong.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 3:50:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Saw threads about this show. Decided to start watching a couple days ago. Binge watched season 1 and now in to season 2.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Ain't a dupe if it's in a different forum.

While the stairwell fight was pretty good, I still like Season 1's hallway fight more. You could feel how tired and worn out DD was in that one.

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ain't a dupe if it's in a different forum.

While the stairwell fight was pretty good, I still like Season 1's hallway fight more. You could feel how tired and worn out DD was in that one.

View Quote

Charlie Cox said this one was much more difficult because he actually was worn out before they even started.  He said right before shooting that scene he had to carry Jon Bernthal over his shoulder and that sucked the energy right out of him.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Well I must not understand the way the search works because I looked for a Daredevil thread before I started this one and after I read this post and that thread still doesn't show up when putting in "Get Posts From" >> "Last 24 hours" >> "and older".
Of course when I changed it to "and newer" it showed up.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#10]
You were probably doing a search for "Movies & Home Theaters" instead of "General."

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm convinced D'onofrio has friends in the business that keep getting him roles that sort of suit his hamfisted acting style. He is a horrible actor and roles have to be written to accomadate him.
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You were probably doing a search for "Movies & Home Theaters" instead of "General."
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No... I was searching all communities. Try it.

Quoted:
I'm convinced D'onofrio has friends in the business that keep getting him roles that sort of suit his hamfisted acting style. He is a horrible actor and roles have to be written to accomadate him.

Props where they're due. He was great in FMK and MIB. Even The Cell was really good I think in large part to him. I don't know that he's been in a lot of other movies where he wasn't more of a periphery character to say he was great in.
Could someone else do Fisk better? Possibly. I honestly think he's done alright in the role. Physically it would be pretty difficult to match that character to any actor I can think of without putting them in a fat suit.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 4:10:56 PM EDT
[#13]
OP Request
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top