Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2016 1:20:00 AM EDT
I have a 42 inch Visio plasma that just stopped working today.

I took off back panel and cleaned the boards. I checked voltage and fuses. All check out.

Next I disconnected the main pcb board where all the cables for dvd etc plug into.

This allowed me to jump the logic board and I was able to fire up and get test display. So the screen etc is good just bad main board.

Is there a trick to removing main board from tv and where is best place to get replacement?

eBay has a lot listed but they are pulled units from otherwise damaged tvs. Anyone have experience with used parts like this?
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 7:45:41 AM EDT
[#1]
You may not know it, but after 10 years the pixels have worn out and lost a lot of their brightness, and you can't get that back.

Trust me, I never want my 7 year-old plasma to die, but all good things must end.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You may not know it, but after 10 years the pixels have worn out and lost a lot of their brightness, and you can't get that back.

Trust me, I never want my 7 year-old plasma to die, but all good things must end.
View Quote

Screen isn't dead. It's not new that's for sure but Netflix and dvd still look good. I found a replacement board for 40 bucks so I wil try that and budget for a replacement tv by end of year.
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 11:50:50 PM EDT
[#3]
What is sad is that only the expensive organic led TVs give a picture like plasma.  Expensive.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 1:05:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Update: $40 part fixed it!
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 6:22:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice!!!      What part?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 7:29:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nice!!!      What part?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice!!!      What part?

From the OP, pretty sure:  So the screen etc is good just bad main board.

Nice to know. I love my Panny Plasma.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#7]
My LCD quit on me it ended up being capacitors. They didn't have replacement boards so I soldered 2 new one in. It works now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top