User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2016 7:59:46 PM EDT

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
FOUND IT

Link Posted: 1/16/2016 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Mary Elizabeth Winstead absolutely does it for me.

Link Posted: 2/14/2016 10:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]
im pumped for this movie....been waiting ever since the first cloverfield...i enjoyed it....plus i like jj abrams
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:43:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll watch it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#5]
ok, someone post a spoiler...  

Is John Goodman a bad guy and keeping them there (AKA: Kathy Bates / Misery) or is there something he really is protecting them from (is it Cloverfield part 2 with the giant dianasour)?
Link Posted: 3/8/2016 8:56:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Is John Goodman a bad guy and keeping them there (AKA: Kathy Bates / Misery) or is there something he really is protecting them from (is it Cloverfield part 2 with the giant dianasour)?
View Quote

I need a spoiler (same one) as well to find out if I want to watch it or not.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 11:55:23 PM EDT
[#7]
If this is related to the movie "Cloverfield" than I'm out. That movie sucked royally with the idiot using a home video camera to film events. This cheesy, "found footage" BS is so lame because it requires that one of the characters be so stupid as to continue filming while people are dying. If I was there I would tell that jackoff to put the camera down and do something useful instead of being a voyeur. Shaky Cam is also an abomination. Plus, "Cloverfield" failed to provide any explanation regarding the dinosaur like where it came from, how it got there, and was a tremendous let down of an ending.

This new movie preview showed John Goodman's character saying something about something chemical is why the girl shouldn't open the door and nothing about a baby dinosaur chasing some dumb@sses with a video camera. If it is not a sequel to "Cloverfield" I will see this. One difference I noticed in the preview is that it was not filmed from the view point of an idiot home videographer. So, maybe it might have some merit even if it is related.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Dammit, I need answers...
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 1:28:30 AM EDT
[#9]
I heard it's not a direct sequel. Going to see it this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#10]
When reading up on JJ Abrams and the last Star Wars film, I read there's words or other references to places and things from his life he likes to throw into films.  The word Cloverfield is one of those references.  Cloverfield, is the name of the exit Abrams takes to his Santa Monica office. In turn, the road used to lead to the Santa Monica Airport, which originally bore the name Clover Field.
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 10:48:48 AM EDT
[#11]
If not a sequel, that's good. Still need a spoiler as to why he's keeping them inside. Creeper or protecting them?
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Here are some facebook comments (none of them are mine).  I dont think any of them are spoilers:

It does relate to the first one and it doesn't.

I heard it's not a sequel but a sister movie or something along those lines

Just came out the private screening. Was on edge of my seat the whole film. Here is my review for 10 Cloverfield Lane in theaters friday. "Monsters def have many forms in this film": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBQh5liD5ww&feature=youtu.be (NSFW language)
Link Posted: 3/10/2016 11:04:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Here are some facebook comments (none of them are mine).  I dont think any of them are spoilers:

It does relate to the first one and it doesn't.

I heard it's not a sequel but a sister movie or something along those lines

Just came out the private screening. Was on edge of my seat the whole film. Here is my review for 10 Cloverfield Lane in theaters friday. "Monsters def have many forms in this film": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBQh5liD5ww&feature=youtu.be (NSFW language)
View Quote

I have a question that doesn't require a spoiler. I really, really, really hated "Cloverfield." I can't stand "found footage" movies and I hate movies that spin up a lot of questions and then fails to answer the questions, or at least answer the important questions. Will I like this new movie or is it like "Cloverfield?" I noticed that it is apparently not a "found footage" film using crappy camcorder footage. So that's good. How is it on the part of answering the questions that it generates?
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Read today that 2 people compared it to "signs". Not necessarily for monsters, but for the buildup / anticipation of what's coming at the end (and that the end was hokey).   Still hoping for good things...
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 6:01:21 PM EDT
[#15]
It just seems like anything JJ Abrams is involved in is 50/50. I watched the 1st season of "Lost" because it looked intriguing and I really looked forward to explanations to the incredible things going on at the island. But, After the 1st season I called it quits. No reasonable explanations for anything on that show. On the other hand, I really enjoyed "Fringe," because they gave explanations for all of the strange activity going on. Then came "Cloverfield" and it sucked royally. They explained nothing and to add insult to injury they had home camcorder/shaky cam low quality cinematography. Then there was his Star Trek reboot, which I actually enjoyed. I think I may wait for this new one to hit cable TV. Unless I read really glowing reviews.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 12:34:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Just saw it. I liked the original cloverfield, but this movie shares almost nothing with it but the name.

It's a good movie, the last 15 mins or so and the tie in with cloverfield was unnecessary, the movie would have been good in its own right.  I really don't even know why they called it that to be honest. But worth a watch in the theatre for sure.
Link Posted: 3/14/2016 1:17:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 3/14/2016 2:56:32 AM EDT
[#18]
I really enjoyed this movie.
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I caught it yesterday.

The music needed to be brought down One Full Notch!
Otherwise it was reasonable.

In my Official Opinion:

out of

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Gonna watch this tonight.  Will report back with my thoughts.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 12:21:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I thought it was okay.  Worth a watch.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:46:17 AM EDT
[#22]
I give it a big ol' "meh".  Not sure how it relates to Cloverfield in any way at all, really.

I remember reading when it first came out, that it originally had zero to do with Cloverfield.  Then they brought J.J. Abrams on board, and they slapped a Cloverfield spin on it.  Not sure if that's true or not, but it seems that way.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 4:49:12 AM EDT
[#23]
It wasn't an epic level film in the least. I was more on the edge of my seat waiting for it to end so I could see what was outside than anything else.

When I saw how few people were in it I knew it was going to be more of a head game movie than a sci-fi monster movie.
It was a watch and forget for me.

Want to see Goodman in a good flick, even if his part as minor, check out Inside Llewyn Davis.

If you want a good sci-fi drama check out Midnight Special.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#24]
It's okay. It's not related to that other movie in anything other than general atmosphere. Got a little goofy towards the end. I think a straight-up thriller would have been better.

Personally I like cloverfield, but then again I always liked giant monster films since I was a kid.
Link Posted: 5/11/2016 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
It's okay. It's not related to that other movie in anything other than general atmosphere. Got a little goofy towards the end. I think a straight-up thriller would have been better.
Personally I like cloverfield, but then again I always liked giant monster films since I was a kid.
View Quote

The giant monster part of Cloverfield was great.
The fact that TJ Miller (who I couldn't stand in that movie and is only now growing on me) was holding a handycam through the whole movie was stupid. The fact that the entire progression of the film is based on the motivation some dude rescuing his 's ex-girlfriend is stupid. The fact that they followed him was stupid.

But, I guess when you take out the "human" aspect of the film, it just ends up being a Michael Bay movie where everything gets broken and blown up but you're left with an empty feeling afterward.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#26]
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Watched it last night, thought it was a very well done movie....right up until the chick gets out of the bunker.  Acting by all three, especially Goodman, was great.  There was plenty of suspense, and the film did a good job of keeping you guessing.  It all went to crap, however, as soon as she escaped.  This movie didn't need the ridiculous alien element, it really ruined the movie for me (even though I expected it).  

Link Posted: 5/13/2016 4:56:18 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
SPOILER ALERT!!!!
Watched it last night, thought it was a very well done movie....right up until the chick gets out of the bunker.  Acting by all three, especially Goodman, was great.  There was plenty of suspense, and the film did a good job of keeping you guessing.  It all went to crap, however, as soon as she escaped.  This movie didn't need the ridiculous alien element, it really ruined the movie for me (even though I expected it).  
View Quote

Really? The alien stuff is what kept me watching. I was close to fast forwarding through most of the movie but I didn't want to miss something important. The acting was good.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#28]
had 45 mins to watch this so I skipped a bunch and need help filling the gaps:

where did the other guy with the broken arm come from?
Michelle- not really his daughter but a missing teen that he was keeping hostage/raping???   he kept her in the bunker prior to the "event"?  what happened to her? acid?
why did he "save the broken arm guy" if his intent was for it to be just the two of them and have a family with the main girl just like michelle??
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 3:16:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
had 45 mins to watch this so I skipped a bunch and need help filling the gaps:

where did the other guy with the broken arm come from?  He was a neighbor who helped Goodman build the bunker.
Michelle- not really his daughter but a missing teen that he was keeping hostage/raping???   he kept her in the bunker prior to the "event"?  what happened to her? acid?  No one really knows.
why did he "save the broken arm guy" if his intent was for it to be just the two of them and have a family with the main girl just like michelle??  I don't remember if they really hit on this.  Maybe an extra person (who was also normal) would make the girl feel less threatened or weirded out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 1:03:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Just checked this out On Demand today.  I'd give it a 4/5 due since its original and reminded me of the Twilight Zone.  

This is one of the few hollywood movies where it did keep you on your toes for a while.

I had a pretty good idea the movie would end like it did but I was hoping as soon as she opened the bunker and alien would have snatched her up and it would have ended.
Link Posted: 7/10/2016 12:00:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
SPOILER ALERT!!!!

View Quote

I finally just watched this on Blu Ray just last week. I agree with you 100%. The movie was great, until that last Anti-Climactic scene. What a total let down. I was really, really hoping for something much more believable such as a chemical spill or something. Not that goofy SPOILER ALERT:   flying Good Year blimp. That was really stupid! Even with the blimp, this movie seems to have nothing to do with "Cloverfield" because there was no Dinosaur/Godzilla wreaking havoc. And, thank god that they didn't film this on a crappy hand held home video camera!!!!! Although, if it did, I would have loved to have seen "Howard" dunk that hand held video camera man from "Cloverfield" into that barrel of acid!
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 12:33:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Not a bad movie would've liked a better ending
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top