Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2015 6:41:16 PM EDT
Last I heard, Disney was going ahead with a Tron 3... but Tomorrowland failed so hard it sucked in other movies with it.

click

More click

I was looking forward to a third Tron flick!
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn. I remember seeing the first one as a kid. I kind of liked Tron 2, but not many other people that I know did...
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It took a long time to make the 2nd movie.
A third will be made, just hope it's sooner than later.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:22:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I liked the sequel so much I bought it on Bluray.

I've never seen the original Tron (I thought it was dorky).
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 1:57:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

And Legacy isn't?
The original is worth a watch, it's a fun movie.
At the least, you'll get the backstory.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It took a long time to make the 2nd movie.A third will be made, just hope it's sooner than later.
View Quote

As for right now, Disney has said there will not be a Tron 3. Which bums me out, because I enjoyed the first one as a kid, and liked the second one as an adult.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 5:03:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope they change their minds.... because I loved the sequel and was really looking forward to a third.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I hope they change their minds.... because I loved the sequel and was really looking forward to a third.
View Quote

You and me both!

Plus, the soundtrack was awesome. And I'm not typically a big electronic music fan!
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:12:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Plus, the soundtrack was awesome. And I'm not typically a big electronic music fan!
View Quote

I actually thought the story itself was a bit meh, but the soundtrack elevates the movie to pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:14:35 AM EDT
[#9]
The soundtrack was the bomb.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Haha...that dorky mess was state of the art when I was a kid. There was a short lived TV show called AutoMan that used the same type of special effects. Just in case you have nothing better to do:

AutoMan Episode 1
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 2:05:32 AM EDT
[#11]
and I thought I was the only one that liked the sequel...
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 3:23:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I actually thought the story itself was a bit meh, but the soundtrack elevates the movie to pretty good.
View Quote

So this did nothing to elevate the movie?

In all seriousness, grew up with the 1st, enjoyed the 2nd, would approve and see a 3rd.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:54:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Tron 3 is dead for all announced purposes.  It was on and off so many times, last official off caused Bruce Boxlienter to say enough is enough of being jerked around and even if they finally decided to try he is no longer interested in it, and he had been pretty strong about getting a third one done if it came along.

Considering when the first came out it was pretty cool.  Kind of hokey looking at it now but it does give a basis.  Thought 2 was cool, graphics more in tune with the time.  3D is cool if you have the setup at home.  

Quoted:
Haha...that dorky mess was state of the art when I was a kid. There was a short lived TV show called AutoMan that used the same type of special effects. Just in case you have nothing better to do:

AutoMan Episode 1
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

AutoMan Episode 1

AutoMan was awesome as a kid.  Still remember the Lambo, the motorcycle (which had street tires on road and knobs offroad), cursor, etc.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top