Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2015 2:17:34 PM EDT
I was surprised but I couldn't find a thread on it in the first 5 pages so hopefully not a dupe.

I just finally saw this last night and I loved it.

They really turned up the insanity on the villians and their "civilization." I thought it was extremely well done, the plot kept me interested, plenty of action, and just all around a lot of subtleties that were extremely creative and added to the movie. The costumes/makeup were over the top, the casting was great, the music was good. I really loved it.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
did you notice that are the same actor
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
delete
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I did not. Was he from the first mad max? I've actually never made it through the first one, but I've seen Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome numerous times.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 3:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I did not. Was he from the first mad max? I've actually never made it through the first one, but I've seen Road Warrior and Beyond Thunderdome numerous times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I had heard that but always assumed they were referring to "Lord Humungous" from "The Road Warrior."
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:02:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't think it was anything great, but it was better than I was expecting.  Worth the watch in my case.
Link Posted: 10/7/2015 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, dunno how relevant this is, but I found it "Hillary"ous...

Link Posted: 10/11/2015 1:35:12 AM EDT
[#7]
I am only about half way thru and just turned it off to come here and ask this question.  I only rented it because someone here on ARFCOM said it was decent.  But I have to ask.

Are you guys serious?  What the hell did you get out of this film?  This is a terrible movie.  I can't think of a single thing about it that's good.  This movie is degenerate.
Link Posted: 10/11/2015 2:12:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I am only about half way thru and just turned it off to come here and ask this question.  I only rented it because someone here on ARFCOM said it was decent.  But I have to ask.

Are you guys serious?  What the hell did you get out of this film?  This is a terrible movie.  I can't think of a single thing about it that's good.  This movie is degenerate.
View Quote

it should have never had the name MAD MAX in it.. that is the biggest problem with it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't get the hate. I love this movie. Very reminiscent of "The Road Warrior."
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 3:14:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I don't get the hate. I love this movie. Very reminiscent of "The Road Warrior."
View Quote

There is nothing to get.  At the risk of stating the obvious, everybody has their own tastes when it comes to movies.

Link Posted: 10/12/2015 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
Just walk away

Link Posted: 10/13/2015 1:14:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I liked it just for the visuals.  My only real complaint is if your calling a movie Mad Max Fury Road........shouldn't  Max be the main character?  Could have just called it Fury Road.  Was talking to a much younger person who enlightened me that Max wasn't the main character in the three previous movies either.   I'm still trying to figure that one out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#14]
It was a very straight forward plot and movie designed to highlight incredible stunts and direction of action.  

Remember, producers are limited in budget and time with film productions. If they had done more character development than I believe they would have had to cut some of the amazing scenes and I think that would have been unfortunate.  What "Mad Max Fury Road" did was show that action movies can still be made without being dependent on CGI and be popular with audiences.  

I enjoyed it as a film for what it was.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Not a great movie but not a bad movie.

The amount of action and that it is a nonstop car chase is kinda cool.   Stunts/vehicles made for the movie is cool.

I watched it with the girlfriend and pretty much didnt blink the whole time through the movie.    Has some creepy cringe worthy moments and the movie doesnt really deserve any awards.

But then neither did anything in the Tremors movie sequence.    Shut up and watch the movie...    doesnt need people trying to find a bunch of meaning or interpret stupid messages like with something like Avatar.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#16]
I liked it.
I like cars and trucks and liked the gear head effects.
Lots of MOPAR action, from a pre-war Dodge truck, a tracked vehicle with a 68' Charger body in it, even a 66' Baracuda body car.
Also lots of gun action, even an SKS showing up.
Max was in about every scene, not sure why anybody says the movie is not abut him or how he affected the story.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you like the original movies?

For those of us that did this was very reminiscent of them. The original movies weren't cinematic masterpieces either but I enjoyed them. Looking forward to seeing the next two installments.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 8:17:59 AM EDT
[#18]
I liked it
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I liked it.
I like cars and trucks and liked the gear head effects.
Lots of MOPAR action, from a pre-war Dodge truck, a tracked vehicle with a 68' Charger body in it, even a 66' Baracuda body car.
Also lots of gun action, even an SKS showing up.
Max was in about every scene, not sure why anybody says the movie is not abut him or how he affected the story.
View Quote

I found this type of criticism confusing as well.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#20]
I was expecting much more from it. All it was was 95% special effects......and 5% acting.  I was let down.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 5:41:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It was a very straight forward plot and movie designed to highlight incredible stunts and direction of action.  

Remember, producers are limited in budget and time with film productions. If they had done more character development than I believe they would have had to cut some of the amazing scenes and I think that would have been unfortunate.  What "Mad Max Fury Road" did was show that action movies can still be made without being dependent on CGI and be popular with audiences.  

I enjoyed it as a film for what it was.
View Quote

Or a plot
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Fun movie, i liked it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2015 11:04:19 AM EDT
[#23]
I took my sons to see this in 3D when it came out.  I enjoyed it, not for the story or acting but for the sheer enjoyment of shit blowing up, over-the-top vehicles, and the cinematography was spectacular.

I've seen worse movies.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was expecting much more from it. All it was was 95% special effects......and 5% acting.  I was let down.
View Quote

that
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#25]
good movie, lots of road rage
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#26]
It was a fun movie.  You have to be in the mad max mode though (futuristic strange).  The visual effects made the movie.  The second time I watched it there were quite a few little things I missed.

Needed a better shower scene in the desert.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top