Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2015 9:11:17 PM EDT
so I picked up this display this Sunday.  Regular price was $6999.99 but it's on sale for $4999.99 and a free 49" 4K lcd tv from bestbuy.
Got it all calibrated and its drop dead gorgeous.  The fact that each pixel can turn on/off/change color on their own is amazing.  Blacks are true black since the pixels actually turn off.  No more muddy blacks.  Black bars are pure black again since all pixels turn off.  The colors are about as accurate as we've seen to date.

The set has passive 3D, so I Tried out the 3D on mad max fury road.  It's amazing.  Each eye gets a 1080 image unlike current 1080p 3D displays.  

Blu-Ray movies upscale very very well. Tried out some of the 4K content from Netflix and amazon and can't wait till more 4K material gets here.  Luckily this display is all good for upcoming ultra high def blu-Ray players.

I'm not posting pictures since they can't do the tv justice.  If you happen by a BB, you have to check it out.  After owning this for 2 days, I can't see me owning anything other than a oled display.   Forgot to mention how thin it is.  Sadly they have to have the base bigger because of inputs and the bottom speakers but the screen is as thick as a cell phone.

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
so I picked up this display this Sunday.  Regular price was $6999.99 but it's on sale for $4999.99 and a free 49" 4K lcd tv from bestbuy. Got it all calibrated and its drop dead gorgeous.  The fact that each pixel can turn on/off/change color on their own is amazing.  Blacks are true black since the pixels actually turn off.  No more muddy blacks.  Black bars are pure black again since all pixels turn off.  The colors are about as accurate as we've seen to date.

The set has passive 3D, so I Tried out the 3D on mad max fury road.  It's amazing.  Each eye gets a 1080 image unlike current 1080p 3D displays.  
Blu-Ray movies upscale very very well. Tried out some of the 4K content from Netflix and amazon and can't wait till more 4K material gets here.  Luckily this display is all good for upcoming ultra high def blu-Ray players.

I'm not posting pictures since they can't do the tv justice.  If you happen by a BB, you have to check it out.  After owning this for 2 days, I can't see me owning anything other than a oled display.   Forgot to mention how thin it is.  Sadly they have to have the base bigger because of inputs and the bottom speakers but the screen is as thick as a cell phone.

View Quote

Price increase seems steep to go from 55 inches ($2999) to 65 inches ($4999).  Aside from that it looks promising.  Does LG mention the estimated lifespan of the OLED display?  I remember reading about the low life expectancy of blue oleds, not sure if that was rectified.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 12:32:06 AM EDT
[#2]
OLED will be my next TV. Right now I am hanging on to a couple LG Infinia Plasmas. I hate the animated look that LCDs give to normal tv programs. Have you noticed this effect with your OLED?
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:40:50 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Price increase seems steep to go from 55 inches ($2999) to 65 inches ($4999).  Aside from that it looks promising.  Does LG mention the estimated lifespan of the OLED display?  I remember reading about the low life expectancy of blue oleds, not sure if that was rectified.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

so I picked up this display this Sunday.  Regular price was $6999.99 but it's on sale for $4999.99 and a free 49" 4K lcd tv from bestbuy. Got it all calibrated and its drop dead gorgeous.  The fact that each pixel can turn on/off/change color on their own is amazing.  Blacks are true black since the pixels actually turn off.  No more muddy blacks.  Black bars are pure black again since all pixels turn off.  The colors are about as accurate as we've seen to date.

i cant remember seeing the #s, but its sure to be longer than my turn around which is usually about every 4-5yrs.  If I happen to come by it, i'll be sure to update.  Cleveland Plasma (AVSForum sponsor) was having a sale on them for $4300 for the 65" without the free TV offer.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 7:44:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

OLED will be my next TV. Right now I am hanging on to a couple LG Infinia Plasmas. I hate the animated look that LCDs give to normal tv programs. Have you noticed this effect with your OLED?
View Quote
That's due to the TrueMotion (or whatever other mfgs call theirs) settings.  That can be turned off or adjusted.  That's been the case for all LCDs with the SOE (soap opera effect).

I dont have mine off but using suggested settings that do not cause the SOE effect, but will help with fast movements from sports or some movies.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top