Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I checked BoxOfficeMojo.com
The FF may make it back on overseas markets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Black Johnny five and CGI Thing.  

Of course it was going to bomb.

I checked BoxOfficeMojo.com
The FF may make it back on overseas markets.

maybe. they are at $102 mil combined. but even if they do its still a huge loss. they have lost a ton of money on the marketing but worse they have severely tarnished the FF franchise.

to put it perspective the failed superman reboot Superman Returns made $391m world wide on a 270m budget.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
M.I. 5 is still bringing in the cash.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E. is behind Cruise Control with about $13.5 million. FF is in 4th Place (really).

A Lot of people are going to be missing their Christmas Bonus's....Which will probably go to Tom Terrific.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]
The audiance rating is 21%
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:54:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Love reading this.

Box Office Mojo comparing Fantastic Farce versus Green Lantern.

Fantastic Four Reboot versus Green Lantern

Oh, yeah: IM5 is still in 2nd place
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I agree with you on the whole enough with the origins stories thing.  Apparently Marvel does too, because they've said that, following Ant Man, none of their movies are going to be origins stories.  I'm sure you'll see or hear some details of the origin, but it won't be the focus of the movie.  That includes the new Spider-Man movie they're doing together with Sony.
Now Fox...I am unfortunately sure that when they get around to rebooting FF again in five years or so, they'll re-tell yet another origin story...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many people going to a Fantastic Four movie are really unfamiliar with their origin story? Why do some studios obsess on doing these origin stories over and over? Do it in the titles, the Six Million Dollar Man just had "Steve Austion, a test pilot...we can rebuild him blah blah" in the credits, we didn't need to see the origin every week before he started throwing people around in slow motion.

Just do the original story behind the opening credits and switch to "The Baxter Building has disappeared!" and fly down the hole and fight the Mole Man and his midget henchmen or "Shit whatever happened to those Skrulls we turned into cows and left in an upstate NY pasture? That seems like a bad way to dispose of dangerous shape shifting aliens"

Okay maybe there are some inherent problems with the Fantastic Four

I agree with you on the whole enough with the origins stories thing.  Apparently Marvel does too, because they've said that, following Ant Man, none of their movies are going to be origins stories.  I'm sure you'll see or hear some details of the origin, but it won't be the focus of the movie.  That includes the new Spider-Man movie they're doing together with Sony.
Now Fox...I am unfortunately sure that when they get around to rebooting FF again in five years or so, they'll re-tell yet another origin story...

Marvel has skillfully presented us both a Falcon origin story and a Vision origin story embedded in other blockbuster films. They have this figured out, and still have plenty of movies left to flesh out those and other characters.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#6]
It was a good movie for television.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top