Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2015 10:13:26 PM EDT

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 1:34:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it has potential.  I'll watch it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
When I saw this preview it reminded of Give Your Heart to the Hawks by Win Blevins.

It was there that I had first heard of Hugh Glass, who is being played by DiCaprio.

Original American bad ass.

Link Posted: 7/19/2015 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Another Remake
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 3:08:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm all over that
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:47:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Another Remake

View Quote

Another telling of essentially the same story, based in part on the 2003 book.  The preview makes it appear to be a good bit better than the original version. I look forward to seeing it.  

The Revenant - Iñarritu said that the film was being shot using natural lighting. Crewmembers often complained about difficult shoots, with many quitting or getting fired. They say the behind-the-scenes drama led Iñárritu to ban producer James W. Skotchdopole, who worked with him on Birdman, from the set. ... Filming took place in British Columbia and Alberta including Victoria, Fortress mountain, Calgary, Alberta, at Mammoth Studios in Burnaby, British Columbia, and in southern Argentina.

Iñárritu had stated that he originally wanted to shoot the film chronologically, a process that would have added $7 million to the film's production budget.  Hardy has since stated that, due to weather conditions, the film was not shot chronologically.  While the initial plan was to film entirely in Canada, the weather ended up being too warm. The filmmakers went to the tip of Argentina in order to shoot the film's ending with snow on the ground.

In July 2015, it was reported that the film's budget had ballooned to $95 million, with some predicting that it could exceed $135 million. Iñárritu stated that some of the members of the crew had left the film, explaining that "as a director, if I identify a violin that is out of tune, I have to take that from the orchestra". ... Brad Weston, president and CEO of New Regency Pictures, opined that principal photography had been challenging due to the ambitious nature of the film. Iñárritu was insistent that computer-generated imagery not be used to enhance the film, stating "If we ended up in greenscreen with coffee and everybody having a good time, everybody will be happy, but most likely the film would be a piece of shit."

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw this full trailer yesterday before Spectre.   Movie looks fucking bad ass,in fact it kinda ruined the movie as I was like damn wish this was playing as well

Can't wait to see it
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:45:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I will definitely see this.

Leonardo absolutely nails the role he is in, and Tom Hardy is bad ass.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 11:05:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm excited for it.

Apparently the filming of this movie was pretty rough on the cast and crew.  Sounds like they worked really hard to pull off a great man vs. nature vs man film.  

On a personal note, MAN I would have loved the western frontier.  That generation of men were able to undertake the most incredible opportunity I think in human history.  When a common man could make his way into uncharted lands filled with unknown dangers and opportunities to prosper or fail by the sweat of his own brow.  One of the most amazing time  periods in history as far as I'm concerned and I'd like to see a lot more movies done about it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:23:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm excited for it.

Apparently the filming of this movie was pretty rough on the cast and crew.  Sounds like they worked really hard to pull off a great man vs. nature vs man film.  

On a personal note, MAN I would have loved the western frontier.  That generation of men were able to undertake the most incredible opportunity I think in human history.  When a common man could make his way into uncharted lands filled with unknown dangers and opportunities to prosper or fail by the sweat of his own brow.  One of the most amazing time  periods in history as far as I'm concerned and I'd like to see a lot more movies done about it.
View Quote

Me too if they're done right and not the usual leftist soapbox about how the evil white man waged genocide against the innocent helpless indians.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 11:33:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Will it highlight the early stages of Global Warming?

Will not see.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 1:22:56 AM EDT
[#11]
I told my bride it was "Man in the Wilderness" the first time I saw the trailer. Richard Harris? or was he "A Man called Horse"?
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 12:23:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I hope it's good. I don't go to many movies anymore but I want to check this one out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 10:33:08 PM EDT
[#13]
I heard this story on The History Channel about 10 years ago.  It was the most incredible story of survival imaginable, the story has really stuck with me.  I can't wait to see this movie.  

We live out in the boonies with no family nearby; we have a 1.5 year old little one that probably wouldn't be cooperative to sitting still in the theater for 2 hours.  I'm trying to figure out a way to get to this movie and the new Star Wars.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2015 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Its not coming out until January 8th but a DVD Screener has been leaked all over the internet this weekend. I'll be catching this one in the Theaters for sure.
Link Posted: 12/21/2015 12:54:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:42:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I watched this movie tonight and thought it was pretty good.  Definitely worth a watch for me.
Link Posted: 12/24/2015 1:44:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#18]
Very good movie. I hate to say it, but Leo is a great actor. He may finally get his Oscar.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I hate to say it, but Leo is a great actor. He may finally get his Oscar.
View Quote

Early in his career, I couldn't stand the guy.  Now, he is one of my favorite actors.  I thought he did a very good job in this movie.

Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#20]
It is a "remake" of "Man in the Wilderness" about some guy named Glass
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:08:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I thought it was ok. Maybe I was expecting more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top