Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 10:38:16 PM EDT
Went to check it out today. Pretty good. ties in the first three nicely. Make sure you have seen the first three movies or you wront understand this one.
Arnold is back. He's old but still kicks ass.
God I ate so much popcorn..........................
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Anybody else see it and what did you think of it?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

It was good, probably the best terminator sequel, and I agree about watching  the other terminator movies beforehand or you will be confused as hell
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool at least two people saw the movie
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Cool at least two people saw the movie
View Quote

My wife went with me, so we can make that three people so far, LOL, movie theater was rather full for a Thursday night, kind of surprised me.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:38:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I want to go see it soon.
Ive seen the 1st 2 a bunch, but will re watch the 3rd before I go.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:33:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw it today.  I didn't see as many references to 3 as there were to 1 and 2 (at least directly).  It's official, timeline is fubar now.  And there will be more if there was any doubt.  Besides the ending, you did stay for the mid credits scene, right?

IMO, it does seem like they sacrifice the CGI for the story.  When Cameron shot 2, you knew liquid metal wasn't real but it looked real.  By 3 it was more "action" than story.  This one was action at a good pace, but a lot of shots you could tell were green screens that could have been cleaned up better to look more real, if not plausible.  I know in part it's the way we keep aging actors in the franchise (along with film insurance/budgets/etc) but it just seems to be sacrificing being timeless to remain current.

Overall, great fun flick though.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:34:01 AM EDT
[#7]
I went with my Wife on Thursday. I expect kids there because school is out. But it ended up being " Lonely Guy Day".
About 10 middle age men with large buckets of popcorn each one came alone.
Yes, the time line is all messed up. The actress that played Sara Conner looked too young. There was too much dialog between Sara and Reese. The CGI I didn't really notice as the action scenes moved fast.
Still a Great Summer Movie
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
I liked it

I was thinking about selling the Barrett, but my son talked me out of it.

He said Dad how will we kill the Terminators I guess the Barrett is just part of the family
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont even remember 3 but saw this one and liked it. If I missed any references it didnt seem to ruin it for me. I also liked the christian bale movie but liked how this flowed with the originals.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I went with my Wife on Thursday. I expect kids there because school is out. But it ended up being " Lonely Guy Day".

About 10 middle age men with large buckets of popcorn each one came alone.

Yes, the time line is all messed up. The actress that played Sara Conner looked too young. There was too much dialog between Sara and Reese. The CGI I didn't really notice as the action scenes moved fast.

Still a Great Summer Movie
View Quote

A part of me kept waiting for her to call in the dragons to fight the terminators.  

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw Terminator Genesis today.  I was NOT impressed.
I'll be re-watching the Original later this weekend

½

out of

Link Posted: 7/5/2015 6:45:32 PM EDT
[#12]
A lot of people who saw the trailer are pissed as it gave away the whole movie.

spoilers do not bother me, you could tell me the ending of every movie that will ever come out and I dont care.   But others do care.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#13]
My sons and I went today. The seats were about a third full. I thought it was a great summer movie lots of action yes lots of holes but come on its a action movie about cyborgs who time travel
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#14]
We saw it and enjoyed it. Not sure if there will be any more after this one.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We saw it and enjoyed it. Not sure if there will be any more after this one.
View Quote

Did you not stay after the credits????

Saw it and thought it was just ok. Not great. Id watch it again, but wouldnt push over a basket of puppies to get in line.
Saw it with a chich that Ive been talking to and she had never seen a Terminator before. She liked the love story par of course.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Skynet is inevitable.  

They need to prevent Skynet from interfering in the past to give itself unfair advantage and to prepare for Judgment Day so that they give themselves an unfair advantage.

Link Posted: 7/13/2015 4:38:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I saw it. I fucking loved it. Old Arnie has still got it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:14:30 AM EDT
[#18]
We enjoyed it. Not as good as 1 or 2, but a lot better than 3 and 4.
Loved that they paid tribute to the TV show.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We enjoyed it. Not as good as 1 or 2, but a lot better than 3 and 4.
Loved that they paid tribute to the TV show.
View Quote

How did they do that?  Keep in mind I only saw a couple episodes of the TV show.

Thanks,
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:34:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Watched it today, it was better than I expected.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

As a standalone movie, it was well done, funny, and enjoyable. As a part of the terminator franchise? It completely ruined it for me. I felt like I went to see a terminator movie and wound up in a one-liner sitcom.

I don't want to post spoilers, but the plot elements really ruined the movie for me. It was predictable, but the certain plot elements regarding John Connor really ruined it for me.

I wish they had just continued with the Salvation series like they had planned to. That movie was so much better. I ignore T3 and Genisys as even existing. Much like episode I-III of star wars.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#22]
I liked the movie.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top