BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/19/2015 8:58:02 PM EDT
There's a new Avengers TV Spot out.

Link to Youtube video

The movie's in theaters May 1st.

Tell me, what is ULTRON and why are there so many of them?
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 4:11:19 AM EDT
[#1]
From what I've gathered, Ultron is an AI created by Stark to protect the Earth.
But it goes Cylon and wants to destroy the human race.

I know that Scarlett Witch and Quiksilver becoming Avengers is common knowledge to the comic crowd, but that trailer is a bit spoilery for everyone else.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Cant wait
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I noticed the airing of Captain America 2 was held off on satellite a little longer than most films are.  I'm guessing this is intentional to keep the event of the last movie fresh in people's heads.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Uh Oh!

There's a new trailer out.  I don't have a good (permanent, direct) link to it but it's on IMDB right now.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
way to go Stark.

Can't wait. watch the first one at least once a month, lately with my kids.
View Quote

I think that was a good aspect to work in there, rather than the original Marvel storyline.

It can help build up the tensions that will make the Civil War storyline more relevant.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#7]
And if you need another reason to go watch it, the trailer for Star Wars Episode 7 is attached.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 6:27:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And if you need another reason to go watch it, the trailer for Star Wars Episode 7 is attached.
View Quote

I've seen this as speculation for a while.  Has it been confirmed now?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]
According to this article it is.

SW Ep 7
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got the download of the movie last night.. I can't decide if I want to watch it or wait for the theater.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:07:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I got my family tickets for the Friday evening show.  Would like to have waited till Saturday to avoid the opening night crowds, but my daughter has a soccer tournament, so...
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 4:04:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I just got the download of the movie last night.. I can't decide if I want to watch it or wait for the theater.
View Quote
Legally or not so much?

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#13]
more of the not so much type
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#14]
A local theater is showing a double feature - Avengers followed by Avengers - Age of Ultron.

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A local theater is showing a double feature - Avengers followed by Avengers - Age of Ultron.

View Quote

There's a double feature not far from me, one showing today only. I'm trying to figure out a way to get out of work to go see it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:21:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There's a double feature not far from me, one showing today only. I'm trying to figure out a way to get out of work to go see it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got back from the double feature.  It was a good pair for a double feature.  I'd forgotten what was in The Avengers and what was not.  It all blended together with the other Marvel films.  

Home Run!  

That's what it was.  Coming right off the bat you knew it was out of the park.  Even brfore the Ump called it.

No spoilers, it's too early.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 4:41:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Any mention of Coulson and his team from Agents of SHIELD? The TV show leads up into the movie.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Just came back.  Enjoyed it.  Had a little depth to it here and there, some decent humor, and lots of action.

One part felt a bit disjointed.  Had a hard time keeping track of motives in the scene.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Just came back from seeing it and it was freaking amazing.  Just a constant "Wow!" from one scene to the next.  It was incredible how much characterization they managed to squeeze in for so many characters.  Whedon certainly went out with a bang!  I was sad to see Click To View Spoiler though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Thought it was the worse movie I've seen in a LONG time. In fact, my wife and I left the theater about an hour and a half in, because it was just incredibly boring.

The film is basically Transformers. It's a lot of fast moving CGI action for the sake of filling every inch of the screen full of explosions and crap. The acting was so dry and stale that it felt like they were all reading it straight from the script.  I will say that I found Ultron's scenes to be great, but t hey were too few to give the movie any redemption.

Overall, save your money and maybe rent it on I-Tunes at some point or watch it on TV.

Link Posted: 5/2/2015 2:47:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thought it was the worse movie I've seen in a LONG time.

View Quote

So you never go to the movies is what you're saying?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:29:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thought it was the worse movie I've seen in a LONG time. In fact, my wife and I left the theater about an hour and a half in, because it was just incredibly boring.

The film is basically Transformers. It's a lot of fast moving CGI action for the sake of filling every inch of the screen full of explosions and crap. The acting was so dry and stale that it felt like they were all reading it straight from the script.  I will say that I found Ultron's scenes to be great, but t hey were too few to give the movie any redemption.

Overall, save your money and maybe rent it on I-Tunes at some point or watch it on TV.

View Quote

The film was nothing like Transformers, especially the latest Transformers "effort."
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:40:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Any mention of Coulson and his team from Agents of SHIELD? The TV show leads up into the movie.
View Quote

No, Coulson's dead remember
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:55:08 AM EDT
[#24]
not as good as the first at all.

The witch character was great. The vision character however didn't really seem even worth putting in there. The villain as well wasn't really very good I didn't think.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 3:10:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Haven't seen it yet but will - I just wanted to comment that all the various studios need to get over their territorial pissings so The X-Men could get the same quality treatment.  Additionally, Wolverine's apparently done a stint as an Avenger in the comics (gave up on them in the mid-90s so lost track) so we need to get him in there too.  A bit of yellow, blue, and black taking on some green and purple would make for some good action.

I noticed in one of the trailers that they gave a nod to Cap being the only human worthy enough to pick up Mjolnir - without spoiling too much does it ever go farther than slightly moving it as shown in the trailer?  

Finally, regarding Vision - they don't allude to him in the trailers except a brief pan of his face - is he more prominent in the film?  Again, don't need to spoil just advise.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 7:30:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The witch character was great. The vision character however didn't really seem even worth putting in there. The villain as well wasn't really very good I didn't think.
View Quote

The villain was great, the Vision was key to Ultron's plan, AND key to the movie's plot resolution so it's rather odd to say he didn't seem "worth putting in there."
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The villain was great, the Vision was key to Ultron's plan, AND key to the movie's plot resolution so it's rather odd to say he didn't seem "worth putting in there."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people view the movies separately,  i bet they don't even stay for the end credit cutscenes...
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:54:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:18:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Some people view the movies separately,  i bet they don't even stay for the end credit cutscenes...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those scenes are not necessary - they're just thrown in for the fans.

Vison was key to the plot and resolution of this movie alone.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:19:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Uhh, or, what he said.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:00:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Vision, and the infinity stone in his head, ties the whole Marvel universe together.
We now know of 3 infinity stones for Thanos' gauntlet, plus the ones in the second gauntlet in Thor's armory room.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:32:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The Vision, and the infinity stone in his head, ties the whole Marvel universe together.
We now know of 3 infinity stones for Thanos' gauntlet, plus the ones in the second gauntlet in Thor's armory room.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Four stones.  
The Tesseract, the aether from Thor: the Dark World, the mind stone and the stone from Guardians of the Galaxy.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:41:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Four stones.  
The Tesseract, the aether from Thor: the Dark World, the mind stone and the stone from Guardians of the Galaxy.
View Quote

Spoiler, I haven't seen Thor 2
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:43:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Saw it this weekend and it was pretty dang good. The end battle scene could have been a little shorter and wasnt too hip on James Spader , though I changed my mind later , but overall well worth it

Ive got no strings.............................
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:30:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I agree.  Saw it yesterday with my son and can't wait to go back to take my wife and daughters as well (quite sure Junior won't mind a "rerun" in the least).  Perhaps not a "great film" but definitely a very fun and enjoyable movie.  I'll take that any day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just came back from seeing it and it was freaking amazing.  Just a constant "Wow!" from one scene to the next.  It was incredible how much characterization they managed to squeeze in for so many characters.  Whedon certainly went out with a bang! ...

I agree.  Saw it yesterday with my son and can't wait to go back to take my wife and daughters as well (quite sure Junior won't mind a "rerun" in the least).  Perhaps not a "great film" but definitely a very fun and enjoyable movie.  I'll take that any day.

Saw it with my son on Sat morning, I enjoyed it.  They actually had a bit of character development which I enjoyed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:44:31 PM EDT
[#36]
lot of folks I realize like the vision character but he added nothing.

aside from ultron trying to build it that's really it. IMO the character just slowed down the movie and added nothing. I get there's something with the stones, but the character I thought was bad.

Also the hawkeye family thing was just a part that draggggggggggged for me.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:00:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
lot of folks I realize like the vision character but he added nothing.

aside from ultron trying to build it that's really it. IMO the character just slowed down the movie and added nothing. I get there's something with the stones, but the character I thought was bad.

Also the hawkeye family thing was just a part that draggggggggggged for me.
View Quote

Wow, you totally suck at watching movies.  The Vision was the key to the whole movie...and his fate was foreshadowed by Ultron's words on that freighter in South Africa about how humans sew the seeds of their own destruction via their children.  
Also the parts in Hawkeye's farmhouse were the best character-building moments of the movie and made the Hawkeye character very interesting.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:09:15 PM EDT
[#38]
if that was your idea of best parts of a movie you and I will never enjoy the same movie. Nothing like dragging a super hero movie into a family thing.

but no, vision to me just felt like a thrown in part that added nothing.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:37:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Except, you know, the key to defeating the bad guy.  Except that part.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#40]
I read on Twitter it's sexist and contains rape jokes.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I read on Twitter it's sexist and contains rape jokes.
View Quote

Triggered
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not really. The key to defeating the bad guy was they had to destroy all his bodies and block him from the web. The second part os a normal stark activity that they crammed a robot into the movie to do.

Also widow wasn't near as entertaining as she's been before. Wife mentioned that one.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

not really. The key to defeating the bad guy was they had to destroy all his bodies and block him from the web. The second part os a normal stark activity that they crammed a robot into the movie to do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, really.  You weren't paying attention.  Only Jarvis could block him from the web and Jarvis was in the Vision.  And only the mind stone could penetrate the vibranium armor.  Sorry you can't follow the plot, but don't blame that on the movie.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Also widow wasn't near as entertaining as she's been before. Wife mentioned that one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stark would have needed Jarvis' capability for the block, and Ultron had already proven too much for Jarvis alone.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 6:20:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
...and his fate was foreshadowed by Ultron's words on that freighter in South Africa about how humans sew the seeds of their own destruction via their children.
View Quote

This is key.

Classic poetic justice / hoisting by one's own petard.

Great story telling.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Yes, really.  You weren't paying attention.  Only Jarvis could block him from the web and Jarvis was in the Vision.  And only the mind stone could penetrate the vibranium armor.  Sorry you can't follow the plot, but don't blame that on the movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no no i saw that part... the dead AI he made was blocking him yada yada yada.  Yup though, hard paying attention when it gets boring like it did.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:57:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

no no i saw that part... the dead AI he made was blocking him yada yada yada.  Yup though, hard paying attention when it gets boring like it did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry your attention span is so short
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:04:38 PM EDT
[#48]
it is, when it comes to bad movies I have a short tolerance unless it's like cheesey horror style.

I was really hoping this one would be great and turn around the recent stuff. Ironman 3, guardians, i was hoping this would be a good one again. Cap 2 so far is the only recent bright spot and antman looks bad.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:41:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 9:43:03 PM EDT
[#50]
eh guardians was a kids movie with a talking raccoon and dancing tree. Wife liked it, I didn't care for it.

I'm really hoping the DC guys do better than they did with green lantern. I'm just waiting for another Spiderman!

Has nothing to do with companies though. Iron man was great, the Thor movies were pretty good too but the first cap and the talking raccoon were definitely he low spots so far for me
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top