Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2015 12:03:07 AM EDT
I'm building a 5.1 home theater for my great room/living room.  The room is just so big we need the extra power to hear anything on the TV.  

The receive will be a Marantz 5009.  I'm looking for a 5.1 speaker system similar to the Bose systems that have the smaller speakers.  The room is pre-wired for 5.1 in the ceiling, I just need to buy speakers and mount them.  Because it is the great room and not a dedicated theater room, I'd like smaller speakers that do not dominate the room.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Price no more than $1000.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:41:45 AM EDT
[#1]
You could always do in wall speakers if you don't want to see them. Id go that route before I went super small. You cant go with small speakers and have it not affect the sound quality.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 7:44:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Get on the forums at audioholics.com. You will be asked the volume (not area) of your room and if it's open to other rooms (probably go with a ported sub if so). I don't have any recommendations for you other than "cry once - buy once."  Maybe Hsu Research has something good in that price range that fits. If I weren't at the pub, then I would do a search.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top