Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2015 8:23:57 PM EDT
Help me Arfcom.  I am a self admitted headphone junkie.  I hope my wife never finds out what I have spent on guns, ammo and headphones!

My problem is that I have yet to find a perfect set.

Here are the requirements:

Wireless
Wired Option
Great Noise Cancelation (need to block out the world and flights)
Rechargeable battery with spares available to purchase
Allows you to hear music through wired connection if battery dies.
Doesn't hurt the top of your head after wearing them for four or five hours.
Control the music from the headset (volume, fwd,rev)

I have a bunch of wired sets: Bose, Monster, Beats, etc

I currently have the Parrot Zik's but they are the first gen. They are almost there but they get heavy on long flights, and I have to keep playing with the EQ to get the sound the way I want it.

The second gen Zik's are supposed to be lighter with a better headband and noise cancelation.  I think the only othe headphones that allow for controls are the ne beats studio. What else is out there? Any favorites?
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have these, but they're not Bluetooth.  Don't really need BT.

They're nice, they do the job.  Cancel out annoying roommate's constant wheezing, nose-blowing, coughing and lugie-hocking.

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:18:55 AM EDT
[#2]
What is your budget?

There used to be (maybe still are?) wireless RF transmitter-receiver pairs.  You plug any headphone you want into the receiver.  The receiver was battery powered and could use primary or rechargeable AA's.

These were really great.  One reason was that you got to select any headphone you wanted.  Another reason was, you could plug in some small speakers instead of headphones.  While not as quiet as headphones, you can listen WITHOUT making very much noise because the speakers can be placed very close to you - no need to raise the main speaker volume so you can hear in the next room.  

For example, you can watch TV news while eating dinner without waking the baby because you are not using the main speakers and the ones you have are within arm's reach.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:24:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the suggestions. No real budget. I'd like to stay under $1000 though. Wireless rf xmitter would not be suitable for use on a phone for two way communication (I guess I left that out of the spec).

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:36:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I think you should design, build and market your own "perfect" headphone.

Quoted:
Wireless rf xmitter would not be suitable for use on a phone for two way communication (I guess I left that out of the spec).
View Quote

I'm not clear on what you meant by this or in what way you feel two-way RF communications is not "suitable", given that almost all wireless comm is RF (cell phones, Blutooth, etc).
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm not clear on what you meant by this or in what way you feel two-way RF communications is not "suitable", given that almost all wireless comm is RF (cell phones, Blutooth, etc).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Quoted:
Wireless rf xmitter would not be suitable for use on a phone for two way communication (I guess I left that out of the spec).

The transmitter would need to be integrated Bluetooth not a standard alone unit.  The only stand alone units I have seen are one way only.  I am open to examples suitable for air travel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top