Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2015 4:18:58 AM EDT
I watched it again, tonight.  The more I watch this movie, the more I like it - very good sci fi.

P.S. - Can't wait for sequel.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:42:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I have watched this movie at least a dozen times.

And as much as I hate some aspects of it, it was a well made, visually stunning movie.

It can easily be shot full of holes and yet I can't stop coming back to it.

I'm looking forward to the sequel as well.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 5:25:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Over all I liked it. I don't like the trend of movies that are filmed in the dark. Yea I get it, save money on sets. Most movies are so dark they could
be filmed in a card board box. Been done already. We called it radio.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 9:45:57 AM EDT
[#3]
good flick if you can get past the plot flaws .example . you find a new life from  for the first time in human history and your treat it like a soft kitty ..............until  it  wraps around your arm  and races down your gullet
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
good flick if you can get past the plot flaws .example . you find a new life from  for the first time in human history and your treat it like a soft kitty ..............until  it  wraps around your arm  and races down your gullet
View Quote

That undoubtedly being one of the more in-your-face examples of bad writing for that movie.
A geologist who has high-tech area mapping technology... that gets lost goes right along with that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:38:31 PM EDT
[#5]
It is one of the most visually beautiful, well acted, stupid movies ever made.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That undoubtedly being one of the more in-your-face examples of bad writing for that movie.
A geologist who has high-tech area mapping technology... that gets lost goes right along with that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it would pretty easy for a guy to panic and be totally retarded and lost because he is on a alien planet +87,000,000,000 miles from earth.

I agree about the treating an alien life form like a fucking house cat retarded.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:20:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just found it on DVD at Wally World for $5 yesterday. Of course I bought it. Now I need to find Aliens..

Anyway, hopefully the next movie will leave all the Derp out of the script.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 2:10:25 AM EDT
[#8]
There are always going to be characters doing stupid things.  It is a cheap trick they always use to get an emotional reaction from the audience.

"No, don't go down into the dark basement alone!"

"No, don't split up!  Stay together and watch each other's back!"

"Stop!  Don't touch the snake-shaped alien creature you know nothing about."

I cannot think of any movies where they don't do something that someone considers to be stupid.  Actually, doing stupid things may be part of human nature.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:47:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:21:14 AM EDT
[#10]
To me, this film is so stupid it's insulting. Granted, i went into it with higher than average expectation, given the director's track record....but man, did that slap me in the mouth.

It sure looks and sounds night in my HT, but that's where it stops.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:29:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I need to find that huge rant someone posted about how much this movie sucked.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:32:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"We call it radio." - LOLOLOLOL

I go with "It's a movie." and enjoy it - prolly seen it 12+ times. SciFi is like an insatiable hunger, even if it taste like "shit" you just gotta have moar!

View Quote

While I like sci-fi /fantasy stuff, I get burned out on the cliches'.  I used to like anything that was weird or had a bit of imagination in it, but i think I've seen enough I wish for a little more out of it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
http://youtu.be/GpEx7pdp2-Q

I found this interesting. Looked at it the first time we hacked this up....

View Quote

I almost didn't bother to watch that but am glad I did.

Most of those 48 questions are ridiculous.  That they are even asked implies a very high level of lack of comprehension of the movie's content.  As you can see in the answers given in the Youtube piece, most of the answers are in the film.  So many of the complaints about this movie are absurd and reflect that lack of comprehension.

I learned one important tidbit - there are good deleted scenes in the retail DVD.  I may go and buy it just for that.  

I disagree with the Youtube piece's authors, this is not the greatest science fiction movie ever made, but it is darned good.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
LOL-- this was "suggested" to me. I truly did LOL several times. Enjoy.

http://youtu.be/JLbcZggwVCw
View Quote

Wow... the post credits scene eliminates the need for a sequel.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#18]
I saw it in theaters. I have it on bluray but haven't rewatched it
overall I liked it, although I did have a number of nitpicks
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#19]
How did the alien blowing up and spilling his genetic material into the river on a forming planet lead (who knows how many years later) to people knowing where he came from and scrawling directions on the rock?  What in the fuck?

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:53:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How did the alien blowing up and spilling his genetic material into the river on a forming planet lead (who knows how many years later) to people knowing where he came from and scrawling directions on the rock?  What in the fuck?

View Quote

Go to the Youtube.com link posted by Liondog.  Beneath the video box, hit the "Show More" button.  Near the very bottom of the list of questions, is your question.  Click on the question's time tag 26:05.  The answer will be presented.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Go to the Youtube.com link posted by Liondog.  Beneath the video box, hit the "Show More" button.  Near the very bottom of the list of questions, is your question.  Click on the question's time tag 26:05.  The answer will be presented.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Man, I'm doing something wrong.  I can't see a list of questions but I assumethe answer is hilarious so I want to see it.

Am I blocking something with noscript?
ETA: SHIT, I was looking at the 3 minute video.  I checked out the right one now.  Thanks for the PM.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 9:04:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Man, I'm doing something wrong.  I can't see a list of questions but I assumethe answer is hilarious so I want to see it.

ETA: SHIT, I was looking at the 3 minute video.  I checked out the right one now.  Thanks for the PM.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, HAH! , my mistake- I didn't notice he posted both of those.  As you now know, I meant to say the first video link LionDog posted.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I have watched it 5 times now and learn something new everytime.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 8:46:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top