Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2015 1:23:46 PM EDT
Can we hit on some symbolisim and get some explaining....

I take you to the vault room and the severed head...

The room was some kind of temple? The mural on the wall had a xenomorph painted as a crucifix. If you read about the original Scott script, the tie in to religion was that Jesus may have been an Engineer and he was murdered by us lowly humans which pissed off the engineers who decided to end us. Unfortunately you have to read about the original script to know about that b/c the POS writer from LOST got paid to make a re-write of the script. F*#K him with a rusty boon mic...

So, then there was the head... The black tar in the jars was sealed in the jars except for the stuff that activated on the top of the one jar (???). It seems the head became infected but how did that happen if all the stuff in the jar was not activated? (was the dude already infected?) Why didn't the worms cause the jars to activate? Was the exploding head a harbinger of doom?

What other symbolism was note worthy?

This move can truly be defined as a MasterPOS.... A worthy watch, worthy of picking apart. Too bad Ridley didn't finance it himself and do it the way he wanted.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#1]
not really  a flawed   movie  .across the board
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:42:27 PM EDT
[#2]
every time I watch that movie, I become even more confused.  Perhaps my frontal lobes didn't fully develop at 18 when they were supposed to?
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't care for it the first time I watched it. I was bored and needed to kill some time one day and rewatched it. I ended up liking/appreciating it more the second time. It certainly isn't Lucas prequel let down bad anyways. If it's a setup for a trilogy as reported I'm curious to see where the new one's will go. I'll watch them on DVD if nothing else. I'm also looking forward to Ridleys new forthcoming Bladerunner project as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 2:33:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I liked the first time I saw it.  I liked it the second time I saw it.  Heck, I just ordered the disk from Netflix, again.

Where are they going to go with it, you ask?  Why,... the Engineers' home world, of course.

I don't think it is appropriate to judge the movie based upon parts of a script that did not make it onto the silver screen.
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 12:09:17 AM EDT
[#5]

I thought it was entertaining.  A sequel would be interesting.

I'll watch it again and see about questions.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked the movie, but there were some things that didn't seem to jive well with the originals. I'm interested to see how much they tie together with the next installment.
Link Posted: 6/23/2015 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Any news on a release date for the next installment?
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

March 2016. Next year. That isn't the issue really it's just that everyone is completely silent on what's going on to the point tabloids are making up bogus facts to write articles about it. Prometheus got more coverage than this sequel is getting.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

March 2016. Next year. That isn't the issue really it's just that everyone is completely silent on what's going on to the point tabloids are making up bogus facts to write articles about it. Prometheus got more coverage than this sequel is getting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, that soon, eh?  That is strange.  Maybe they are intentionally flying low, you know, ... to avoid the radar.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:21:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
March 2016.
View Quote

I wen to IMDB and other than the March, 2016 release date there is absolutely no information.  I wonder, where did they get that release date and how valid is it, really?

Is there any other source which can confirm that it is in production?
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:59:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I wen to IMDB and other than the March, 2016 release date there is absolutely no information.  I wonder, where did they get that release date and how valid is it, really?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
March 2016.

I wish. EVERYONE is mum on what's going on. No info from Ridley Scott. Film seems to be conflicting with Alien 5 a bit. Again, just rumor. Actually somewhat tempted to email fox and ask if the movie is even being made.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 3:04:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Will it follow Noomi Rapace?
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Certainly, it has to.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 10:37:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Certainly, it has to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Certainly, it has to.

It has to have Naomi and David...but from the leaks I read, it has new characters also. I wonder where she will pick up additional crew. She was leaving for the alien home world last we saw.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:05:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Maybe they can get Bill Paxton back as captain of a ship filled with Marines pursuing Noomi and David trying to intercept them before they reach the home world.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Maybe they can get Bill Paxton back as captain of a ship filled with Marines pursuing Noomi and David trying to intercept them before they reach the home world.
View Quote

So in the '79 alien....Wylen corp already knew about the aliens and the biological weapons...or did they? If Prometheus never made a communication before she was destroyed, then the only communication would have been from Namoi as she was leaving for the alien home world....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top