Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2015 6:16:26 AM EDT
Hope I can post this here.

I am in the process of planning an HTPC build.  Will run Win7.  Most of the fam's viewing is done through Plex, and the system will run Plex Home Theater.  We also need access to Netflix, and to security camera footage, on the same system.  I really don't need a super elegant solution, I simply need to be able to switch between Plex, a full screen browser window on Netflix's site, and a full screen browser window connecting to a webserver hosting feeds from my cameras.  I plan on loading all three at startup under Windows, so it seems seemless to the family, and would like to buy a programmable remote control that will allow us to switch between views with the press of a button.  Kinda like selecting HDMI1 or HDMI2 is a one button press thing.  May be easiest if I can find a remote control that can emulate Windows commands and have them programmed to a button.  

I have absolutely no experience whatsoever with PC remotes, and I have to believe that this sort of feature is available these days.  Any tips on where to start?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:54:54 AM EDT
[#1]
AVS Forum.  It has both an HTPC area as well as a remote area.  Cross post your question and see what comes up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top