Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2015 7:49:24 PM EDT
Considering one of these as my first Blu Ray player. Leaning towards the 103.
Any feed back from owners would be helpful!
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 2:34:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have a OPPO Blu ray.

I do have a OPPO  DVD player from 2007  that for some reason  burned out during vacation that year.  Called them up and told them the system I had is attached to as well as a APC Power conditioner surge protector.  It was out of warranty, but the player matched my system perfectly  with its piano black slim design.  3 minute phone call to customer service and had a RMA and a email  repair under  "customer good will"

My same unit came back totally rebuilt inside the chassis 10 days later. Everything was done on there dime.  The included DVD upscaler chip  was almost Blu ray sharpness at the time.  I just bought a  Blu Ray player last year.  Work gift card purchase .

If they haven't changed their customer service I would do it.

LV
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 1:35:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've researched them a lot....Not worth the money IMO.

Get something like that if you want a stand alone BR Player.
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Smart-Blu-ray-Disc-Player/dp/B00JIZ03GY/ref=sr_1_10?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1423459673&sr=1-10&keywords=

I built a PC (with HDMI out to my TV) instead with a BR player/burner and have yet to buy one BR disc.

I'm honestly not sure about the future of physical media....specially if Google fiber becomes widely available in the near future.

If you don't have a chromecast/Roku.....I'd def look into trying out some of those and wouldn't drop 500+ bucks on a BR player.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 9:53:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Love my 103 and I've researched them a lot and it's worth the extra money, IMO..., if you're a videophile. Physical media will be around until they have the bandwidth to transmit uncompressed audio and video.

Justin

Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies.
Their customer service is still supposed to be top notch. Their blu ray players are much more than "just" a BR player. They play discs from all regions, as well as SACD's, etc.
Still kicking it around, thanks again for the replies.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 12:26:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why bother?

4k blu-ray standard will be finalized later this year, might as well wait for 4k compliant players.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why bother?

4k blu-ray standard will be finalized later this year, might as well wait for 4k compliant players.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why bother?

Wouldn't you need a 4k TV too?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:18:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why bother?

Yes to view 4k blu rays, but I'd rather have an up to date BD player and upgrade the tv later.  4K tv prices are going down rather quickly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top