Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2014 1:32:42 AM EDT
I did a quick search through the site and through Google could not find anything recent. So if this is a Dupe, feel free to take down. Just saw both the trailers that are now out for the movie, I am really looking forward to it.
Link #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99k3u9ay1gs
Link #2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bP1f_1o-zo
Link Posted: 12/26/2014 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you check GD?
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have high hopes about this movie, can't wait til opening day.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 5:35:58 PM EDT
[#3]
What was that crap at the end when he pointed the revolver at his wife?  What the hell was the point of that?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Never read the book. Just watched it on *****+Pretty good movie.

Account locked Aimless
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:24:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I've never been so disappointed by a movie in all my life. What a pile of garbage.
Forcing actors to flinch for recoil? What the fuck was that shit? The fucking trucks looked like they just rolled out of a car was and had Armor All on the tires.
What the fuck was up with the flames coming out of that palm tree in that night scene?
I can't get over how poorly it was done.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:27:45 AM EDT
[#6]
I illegally downloaded it from **++++, freed the shit out of some beers and popcorn, then kinda felt like there should have been more... movie gets a chub that ends with blue balls.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 2:30:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw it a couple of nights ago.

Thought it was pretty well done - didn't follow the book exactly, but nothing that was important was changed.

Not having been to Iraq, I cannot vouch for the scenery or the .mil stuff, but looked pretty real to me.

I can recommend it, FWIW.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 4:36:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:32:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I was the doc who worked on Ryan Job in Ramadi. Kyle was not there. It's rather annoying.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#10]
I like how Iraq and Texas are in the same time zone whenever he calls home.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:22:55 AM EDT
[#11]
an American sniper thread?

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
an American sniper thread?

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2lbgykw.jpg
View Quote

Not here anyway.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 1:50:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I'd give it *** out of ****. Overall well done, and I liked how it didn't try to be sensitive or delicate and just told things how they are (in a general sense), despite being partially fiction.

But I couldn't help but feel that the CGI effects used in the movie were at times really bad, and the dialogue was a bit simplistic overall. Was still a good movie, and I think I liked it better than Lone Survivor.....but I find myself still waiting for an exceptionally well done movie to be made about OIF or OEF.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Just finished it.  I knew you all would want to know.

Meh.

I could not be a more fervent supporter of mil and our country.  I just thought the movie was sloppy.  

I've read where Eastwood is known for getting scenes "good enough" and calling it quits.  I think it shows in this movie.  So many little things were poorly done.

But I am glad I supported the movie financially because I know it gets the dnc kool-aid drinkers undies in a bunch when they see the financial return on a film they hate!

RIP. Chris Kyle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top